Menu
Help needed for Yunnan trip in september
Apr 25, 2007 17:03
  • DAVEC
Hi everyone. I gonna need some help with my trip to China in september. This will be my 2nd visit (really good) but having split with my girlfriend(really bad) I am a bit stuck. As she is Taiwanese she was going to organise everything for my trip, trains,bus and hotels etc. As well as join us as our guide.
Now it will be just my friend and I visiting and although my mandarin could just about get me by I am not confident.
Our route will be into HK from UK,onto Guangzhou,Guilin,Nanning,Kunming,Dali and finally Lijiang before back to HK.
Can anyone offer me some advice or is anyone doing similar route during first 3 weeks of september and need some company?
Apr 26, 2007 08:10
  • JABAROOTOO
You can do it. You'll meet people all along the way if you are looking. If I can get around with almost no language then you should be able to manage. Just relax and take your time. It is out of season so won't be as busy. Buying tickets for trains planes and buses is easy. Buy one of the popular guide books before and do your homework. There is loads of good information here. Just read all about it before you ask your questions.
Apr 26, 2007 08:41
  • DAVEC
Thanks, I have the lonely planet book and also a couple of others plus I have done loads of research online about train times etc so that side is not too bad. Plus I have been learning chinese for a while too but its a bit different in the classroom.
Last year I managed HK and Foshan alone but just for a few days. You are right, I can do it, I just need to give it a go.
Fingers crossed.
May 7, 2007 14:10
  • DAVEC
Chnage of plans again, now my friend has dropped out so it is just me alone. Any advice for me now? Heeeeeelp
May 8, 2007 06:26
  • APAULT
Don't give up! It is a bit hard at first but you will soon get the hang of life in China. Most of us have little or no Mandarin. You just need patience and a big smile...and a young man like you ( I assume) will find plenty of young ladies coming to your rescue! I suggest you stay in a hostel initially so you can meet other travellers. Persoanlly I wouldn't book the rest of the travel, I'd leave my options open.

Keep in touch Dave,,, I plan to be living down there about that time, and also have a few friends down that way. The least we can do after you so generously gave us the ashes back and dropped out of the World Cup series, is to offer a Pom from Pom some help.

May 8, 2007 16:59
  • DAVEC
Not so sure about the young bit at 40 but I like the idea of the women.
As for a drink, I would be up for a green tea as long as cricket isnt mentioned, or rugby or come to think of it football as well.
May 8, 2007 22:08
  • ANDYLOW
Hi, I've been to [URL=http://www.travelguidesdirectory.com]travel guide spain [/URL]and [URL=http://www.costadelsolspain.org]costal del sol[/URL] before, but never been to China. From his forum, I've learned that Chinese culture and beautiful landscape.
Jun 2, 2007 08:49
HI!
i'm glad to hear that you gonna travel in yunnan,china.
if u wanna pay a visit to dali,yunan province before 10th sep.(my vacation is up to that day)i'd like to offer an english tour guider service for u.As i am a college student in shanghai ,i will spend my summer vacation in my hometown--dali,yunnan.
i am familiar with dali,i also have many good trip tips and recommendations for u.
if u have any interest please contact me
hotmail.com|spark-lj
let me light your journey,that must be fun~ :)

Jun 2, 2007 16:31
  • DAVEC
Thank you for the offer, if our plans go correctly we will arrive in Dali on 10th stay 11th too and leave for Lijiang on the 12th
Jul 9, 2007 04:45
  • ABIGALE
I will there may be Spe20,but my main itinerary of the Nu River ,and then go to Xishuangbanna-Tengchong.Likely to Myanmar .route during 3 weeks.Perhaps the road encountered what can help you.You can You can contact me .Iam famle,26,chinese.
HOTMAIL:hotmail.com|yuleen1
Jul 10, 2007 20:42
  • DAVEC
Thanks Abigale but I arrive 1st and leave 22nd so I will already be heading home
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Help needed for Yunnan trip in september
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code