Menu
'F' Visa from Japan
Apr 30, 2007 01:25
  • AJITSKHAN
Hello all

I am an Indian passport holder and currently on a visit to Japan. I finished my studies in Malaysia and recently got a job offer from one of the hotels in China. Since I came to Japan directly from Malaysia, the hotel sent me the contract to Japan.

Today I called up the China Consulate-General to get some information regarding the application procedures. However, I was told that I can only apply for visa from my home country.

I was under the impression that I could obtain a Visa from Japan as I have all the necessary documents in order.

Please help!!!
Apr 30, 2007 03:40
  • EVENING
If you have an Indian passport, you really need to apply your China Visa (F) in your own country! China Embassy in India may have the visa office. You'd better have a check......
Apr 30, 2007 06:49
  • APAULT
I met some complications as an Australian in the UK...when applying for Z visa. But I believe it was just the agent who made an initial mistake. I handled the visa application by mail through a travel agent in Australia.

YThe other option is to go to China on a tourist visa nd obtain the F visa there. I have done this, but other people have said they were turned down. A lot depends on whether your employer has the right contacts in the PSB department... or is prepared to sponsor a few meals to get them! That's what mine did.

Good luck. Please update this forum with what happens so that we learn from your experiences.
Apr 30, 2007 08:58
  • AJITSKHAN
Thank you for your reply. We have Chinese Embassy in India but the problem is that I am currently in Japan. Going back to India to obtain visa and then traveling again to china will incur expenses and time :(
Apr 30, 2007 09:03
  • AJITSKHAN
Going on a tourist visa might be risky. I guess I will contact my employer since they are a major hotel chain. Lets see what they suggest.

Thank you!
Apr 30, 2007 10:47
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Usually there is another way out for doing the China visa, other than the Embassy channel, which is through the agent ‘China Travel Service’ (though a travel agency they are quite ‘official’ and seem to have connection with the visa authorities), at least in Hong Kong, and it seems there is such service in Japan. Maybe you could check it out whether they can do it for you if it’s F (business) visa you are doing.

In Hong Kong FYI, they give often F visa, and very quickly. whether you intend to apply for business or not.

Here is CTS Tokyo contact :

http://www.ctshk.com/english/aboutus/oversea.htm#japan
May 2, 2007 07:38
  • AJITSKHAN
Thank you so much for the information. I will try contacting the 'China Travel Service' in Tokyo.

Thanks!!!
May 2, 2007 08:55
  • APAULT
What I meant Ajitskhan, is that you apply from India through another person. That is what I did. In fact a Chinese owned trave agent. But a friend should be able to do it. If you are in a hurry it will cost a bit in express postage. Also you won't have yr passport in japan.
May 23, 2008 09:13
GUEST25190 APAULT,

Were you able to get the visa through another person even though your passport didn't have a China exit stamp on it? I'm thinking of applying for a visa from my home country, with a help of a friend. But I'm concerned the visa officials will see that I have not, infact, left China. Also, wouldn't I still have to leave the country and re-enter with the new visa?

Thanks for any help.
Post a Reply to: 'F' Visa from Japan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code