Menu
Where is good to photograph?
Apr 30, 2007 17:10
  • DAVEC
I am a photographer and will be travelling to China in september. HK, Guangzhou,Guilin,Kunming,Lijiang are the main areas for my 3 weeks. My question is this, can you recommend good places for me to photograph that are not in the usual books? by that I mean I am trying to avoid the popular tourist images and areas.

May 2, 2007 17:26
  • DAVEC
Hey, I am getting sad as nobody has replied. Either nobody loves me or there is nowhere interesting to photograph.
May 3, 2007 01:09
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi DAVEC,
Don't be sad. You know it's May Holiday now. And many of our members are on holiday. So they will answer you soon after the holiday!
What's your favorite subject to take photo??
May 3, 2007 02:28
  • DAVEC
I usually take photographs of cities and landscapes. My trip this year though will be to capture Chinese culture, so I will also be looking at images of people and food as well.
May 6, 2007 03:56
  • ROSEKNIGHT
Hi DAVEC
For Hong Kong, i prefer its nightscape. The ocean park and the Po Lin Monastery or some temples are my suggestion,

Natral beaty of Guilin, Lijiang and Kunming is most distinguished in China. They are also the dwellings of many numerous minority groups, so, many local festivals and celebrations may held.
Old town of Lijiang, Dianchi lake of Kunming, Li River of Guilin are mu suggestions.
temple fair, folk song festival and old residental houses are the best places to know Chines culture.
Just my personal view. Hope it is helpful for your trip.
:)
May 6, 2007 04:21
  • DAVEC
Thank you for your ideas
May 8, 2007 14:22
  • PAINTERPT
Hi Dave,
The places you plan to visit are all number one tourist destinations so the best you can do is avoid taking organised tours and hire a guide to show you the other side. In Guilin there is much to see and the surrounding area is easy to get around by bus or bicycle. Skip the highly touted Li river cruise to Yangshuo, take a bus to Yangshuo, you can see everything in the town in an hour or two and then take a bus to Xingping and hire a fisherman to take you downriver for the most scenic landscape shots. There are numerous towns and villages in the area that offer great potential for photos.
May 8, 2007 16:33
  • DAVEC
Thanks, I had read that the cruises were not so good and expensive but I like the idea to get on a fishing boat. Sounds like the kind of thing I'm looking for.
Post a Reply to: Where is good to photograph?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code