Menu
Xinjiang, exotic Xinjiang...
Mar 7, 2008 23:07
GUESTHEIDI I'm planning to visit Xinjiang for a month in June. I hope to be able to 'immerse' into the culture. Went there 10 years ago with a travel agent and that was a luxurious trip indeed. As usual, we went to the popular tourist sites like Heavenly Lake, Turpan etc. I wonder if there's any possibility of staying with the locals, having a personal local guide of sorts. Any suggested itinerary, advice on cheap lodgings??
Mar 8, 2008 06:00
  • ELLYSE
Look on http://www.couchsurfing.com for a Uyghur girl in Kashgar, she's an English teacher.
Feb 18, 2009 06:13
GUEST10230 Hi All

Stumble onto this forum by chance. I intent to go for a holiday in Xinjiang sometime in either July or August this year. Is it a good time to be in Xinjang. What are the interesting places to visit during this period?

Thanks

Steven
Feb 18, 2009 19:19
  • ELLYSE
Yes, it is, provided you don't mind the heat.
There're tons of interesting places in Xinjiang. What are your basic sightseeing interests and preferences?
Feb 24, 2009 06:35
GUEST11237 Hi Ellyse

Glad to hear from you. We are into nature. We love landscape, mountains and vegetation. Personally, I just love to take photos and enjoy nature.

We planned to cover North, South and West of Xinjiang, and if possible travel to Pakistan-China border.

From internet, It seems Xinjiang is a great place to be in. By the way will food and water a problem there? Most of us does not eat mutton.

Appreciate if you can suggest some easily reachable places where locals find interesting, and not those offered to tourist.

Thanks

Regards

Steven
Feb 24, 2009 20:49
  • ELLYSE
How long do you have to travel? What will be your points of entry and exit?
Food and water shouldn't be too big a problem. I presume you're ok with eating beef and chicken?
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Xinjiang, exotic Xinjiang...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code