Menu
Pls help me with the budget accomodation
May 3, 2007 04:11
  • TUHANCINCIN
Hi everyone...im new in here.

we are visiting Macau in two weeks time. we probably will be visiting Zhuhai on the next day as well as HK. two days after. but have not find any budget hotel/hostel/apartment to stay. Can anyone tell us the budget hotel/apartment in Macau & zhuhai? Coming with family of 6.
FYI this is our first time visit to Macau..perhaps you can also advise me of the shooping places and eating places there
BTW, do we need visa to enter Zhuhai?

Thank you
May 3, 2007 09:35
  • APAULT
An earlier post by Gaz07 follows.

The very cheapest place i found to stay in Macau was the San Va Hospedaria:

Price: 70 Macau Patacas/night ($10US)
www.sanvahotel.com

Beware though, it's extremely basic. The walls were wooden and don't even tough the top of the ceiling. You do get a fan though.

---------------

For a more comfortable stay but still pretty cheap, your looking at about 120-150 Petacas ($15-20US). You shouldn't have a problem finding one at this price.

Just be aware that prices rise everywhere at the weekends when those rich Hong Kongers come over to gamble!

APaul again:
If that is full turn left out that place into next street to last (I think) steps up on left, passing through brothel at first level up. Rooms crap, but ppl nice. If standard not good enough at these... return to Rue Da Felicidade turn left..ie continue and there is a moderate hotel on the left, and more expensive one in a road opposite

May 3, 2007 23:34
  • TUHANCINCIN
Hi there Apaul...tks you soo much ..soo kind of you.

Oh yes, I will be going to these places you mentioned. BTW, how far is this palces from the Macau Airport? Walking distances??
Do I need to do early reservation or just go to this place & do the booking? Please advise.

Any other info in Zhuhai to stay like this fare sir?

Thaank you again
May 4, 2007 04:39
  • APAULT
It is not walking distance from airport, but there are buses. Don't know if they take reservations... check Lonely Planet Guide, I thing that is where I originally found this address. There is also a Youth Hostel in Macau but you must be a member (I believe) and it is on an island.

I guess u can see these places in the time u have, but you should plan very carefully to make sure you know what you are doing. What to see...sorry but you should just do an internet search, there is heaps of info.

Have you dne a search in this site for Zhuhai accommodation?
May 5, 2007 00:17
  • KSWONG
An alternative idea is to plan your stay in Zhuhai which is so much cheaper. Then go for day trips in Macau.

At ZH, u can try Xiang Jiang Hotel, tel 8873 288. Rates frm RMB368.
May 5, 2007 00:51
  • PEA28COCK
You can try Home Inn in Zhuhai.

You can call 0756- 3375111 or fax to 0756-3375000. Hope this can do any help. :)
May 5, 2007 09:17
  • APAULT
Day trips from Zujai to Macau present visa problems for most of us. You'd need a multi entry visa to make this work. Sure there are Zhuhai only visas, but wouldnt that be a hassle and a cost?
May 6, 2007 22:00
  • JABAROOTOO
Search results on Zhuhai, I'm pretty sure that California gave details of a hostel now open in Zhuhai which was once not a cheap city to stay. But as is always the the case around the bus stations you can usually find something to suit every budget. The Home Inn is a great option. We have one in Chongqing and I saw them in Wuhan and glad to see them springing up all around the country. They are small, suitably priced, in good locations and very clean and well run.

Have you tried looking for rooms out on one of the islands of Macau, Caloane and the smaller Taipa. If I had stayed longer than a day I would have preferred one of these locations. Quieter and just as easy to get around by bus back to the downtown.

If you are card carrying members of Youth hostelling Intl you can stay at one of thier hostels on Calaone. Details in Lonely Planet.

Or try these
Man Va Hotel 388 655 3rd floor 30 Travessa Da Caldeira a little more expensive than San Va Hospedaria
Vila Universal 573 247 Cheng Peng Bldg 73 Rue de Felicidade
Pensao Nam In 710 024 3 Travessa da Praia Grande

Please note that this is outdated information but something to work on and I'm sure there are many more available these days uncluding good value for money but it may just take a little sourcing. If you have the time you can always book into somsthing basic for you first night and look around later for a better choice.

All above range from 150 to 250 macau dollars and offer a variety of standards.

Yes prices go up on weekends so avoid if possible.
Mar 20, 2008 07:17
GUESTMARGA hi! ive been trying to look for a way to book online at vila universal but cant find any website that supports it. would you know how i can book at vila universal online? thanks
Post a Reply to: Pls help me with the budget accomodation
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code