Menu
china is bit too hot to handle
May 3, 2007 09:34
  • JINGLEBELLS
Just got to wuxi yesterday..and my god, is this how spring will be like for the rest of my trip (felt like 40degrees today). I almost forgot how hot china can get or is it the effect of global warming.. hm..may be both.

anyway..the point is, i'm super bored in wuxi (of jiangsu province) and i really dislike going around the city by myself. anyone that is equally bored and bothered, drop me a line.

May 4, 2007 04:51
  • APAULT
Yes warm :) :) :) :). Love it !
May 5, 2007 01:05
  • PEA28COCK
Temperature here in Xi'an just hit the newest record. It is so hot here. Summer has come. Oh, my god, I just wonder how can I survive the hot weather!
May 5, 2007 09:21
  • APAULT
And I don't see how u can be bored... you need a bit of time to adjust...and slow down :)

Look, observe, there is so much going on around you. give time for ppl to come and chat to you - try having a drink outside a small shop... often ppl will come and chat if u simply smile at them. Yeah, there will be many 'Hellos' where the greeter knows nothing else but u get used to it
May 5, 2007 20:01
  • MAY001
It's said that the temperature all around the earth is high. The hottest April/May in the world!!
May 6, 2007 12:27
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes,
It's hot here in Chongqing too but I got a little frozen earlier in the week with overnight snowfall blanketing the countyside for miles. I could have used some more warm clothes but two days later we were further south and lower in altitude and glad not to be carryng so much gear.

Hey Wuxi is a great little city. I have a young Chinese friend who may like to hang out with you if you don't get any other offers. Take Paul's advice, slow down, talk to people - I know that's probably hard if you don't have much in the way of language skills but give it a go anyway and head further a field. Take a day trip to Yixing and Dingshan (where my friend lives) pop over to Suzhou and Nanjing or even Shanghai for the weekend.

There are also all the little water towns nearby like Zhuangzhou, Tongli, Wuzhen (I think off hand) and there are more like them that are not on the tourist trails bigtime yet.
May 6, 2007 12:43
  • JABAROOTOO
Hey Jinglebells,
Here's a member from lovely Wuxi who is looking for someone to gad about with. Sure you could exchange company for some language polishing for this young lad/lady

MOLEI99
May 7, 2007 07:42
  • JINGLEBELLS
thx jabarootoo, i'll try to get intouch with mole199.
Jan 1, 2011 09:16
GUEST12289 hi
i am coming to wuxi first time as now i am in shaoxing , from dubai
i dont know any thing about city.
what is the name of down town area.
my mobile is 15967571104

thnx
nadem

from dubai
Post a Reply to: china is bit too hot to handle
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code