Menu
Traveling with a knife....
May 4, 2007 00:30
  • GRIZ326
I always carry a small knife with me as a tool to cut things.

I know that my little knife will not be permit on the international flight from the US to China. But will a small knife that I buy in China be allowed in my carry-on luggage within China?

Or will I need to buy a new knife in each of my travel locations?

I like having a little knife to cut string, clean my fingernails and other little ordinary tasks.....
May 4, 2007 00:41
Of course,you can put your knife into your luggage.
May 4, 2007 00:49
  • GRIZ326
All of my luggage is "carry on." Will it still be permitted?

May 4, 2007 04:20
  • APAULT
No it won't. Nor liquids in containers in excess of 100ml and your cosmetics (!), unless placed in a resealable plastic bag. These days u need to place such things in your checked luggage (baggage).
May 7, 2007 22:19
  • CHYNAGYRL
GRIZ326.. I put a practice grenade (souvenir from the Korean military) in my luggage on an Air Canada flight back to Toronto. Only recently did I notice how strange it was that the security checks didn't catch it at all... Even though they prohibit many items on international flights, the security cannot check everyone's stuff 100%.
Jun 1, 2007 06:33
  • JHALLUCINE
I had a tiny penknife in my carry-on luggage last year when i was going from some place to macau (forgot that some place..) and it was confisticated..what can i harm with a penknife that i can't do with my bare hands and maybe feet?! Ridiculous!
Post a Reply to: Traveling with a knife....
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code