Menu
American Dreamz and Chinese Super Girl
May 5, 2007 03:02
  • MELODYCHOW
I can't believe that such a kind of program came to China like a hundred of bricks. American Dreamz, a famous favorite show in US, has became the antetype of multitudinous Chinese talent show TV programs today three years ago.

Since the Super Girl (in Chinese Hunan TV station) held in 2005, more and more similar programs are emerged on TV, flooding each of screens of all TV stations. Now there are nearly 10 such large-scale programs in different Chinese TV stations and I do feel a kind of crisis, which gives the negative influence on the youth.

How do you think of this kind of program? and the one who makes himself earn a sudden fame to be an overnight star just like a meteor??

May 5, 2007 03:12
  • MELODYCHOW
American Dreamz

May 5, 2007 03:20
  • MELODYCHOW
Chinese Super Girl

May 5, 2007 04:51
  • PEA28COCK
We have to admit that such kind of shows really make some people's dreams come true. They attend the show and all of sudden, they become widely known, like stars.

I think that this kind of talent show is just "Win-Win" TV Program. Sponsors get money, in fact, a lot of money; and participants get fame and a bright future. A great idea!
May 5, 2007 04:53
  • PEA28COCK
But the point is that people have been tired of such kind of TV programs flooding the screen for all the time. I strongly suggest that those TV stations can give audience surprises. The more, the better!
May 5, 2007 15:20
  • GRIZ326
I seldom watch these shows, however, no one is ever an overnight success. The people who win these contests win because they have dedicated themselves to their talent and perfected it through years of hard work.

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
May 5, 2007 20:45
  • WINDENERGY
Thanks GRIZZZ......

I hope that I'll be prepared when opportunity comes a knockin'. Like you, I rarely watch these Supergirl or American idol reality shows. But, I think it would be a lot of fun to compete in one (I practice singing Chinese songs a lot!)

Also, I agree with Peacock when she says that these shows are "Win-Win". Sometimes I feel like I'm ready to compete, then i realize thatI have only memorized 2 Chinese songs by heart.

My journey in China continues...

__WINDENERGY__
May 5, 2007 22:14
  • MELODYCHOW
Hi, WINDENERGY, there are indeed some singing contestsheld in China held specially for foreingers to sing Chinese songs, but I forget the name of the program, maybe on CCTV-3 or some other Stations. And once there was a Libyan singer named Uwechue Emmanuel (His Chinese name is 郝歌, Hao3ge1 in Chinese) who sings Chinese song very good and won the champion of that contest. In China's '2007 Spring Festival Gala', he put on an excellent singing performance for all Chinese people.

I don't konw which two Chinese songs you have learned? Can you share with us? Hope one day I can hear your melodious singing. LOL~~~ :)
Post a Reply to: American Dreamz and Chinese Super Girl
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code