Menu
Why are people still wearing long sleeves?
May 15, 2007 03:55
  • APAULT
Jinglebells: Well that's an extra reason to come to China :) :)
May 16, 2007 21:03
  • JENDY
Thanks for that Apault, I'm from Perth and just couldn't see hubby and myself decked out in long pants for 4 weeks. I promise to wear shorts down to my knees and to keep suitably covered up top. LOL.
May 17, 2007 04:55
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Jendy,
Things here are quite free as far as fashion goes. You need to wear what suits you and what you feel comfortable in and appropriate for your age and size etc. I live in the large city of Chongqing in southwest China and am constantly surprised at what I see the younger women wearing these days. Very skimpy.

If you are in the habit of wearing cargo pants or 3/4, 7/8 then this will be fine here. Nice casual shorts for your husband. I wear tank tops when it is really hot and I get around the skimpy thing, now that I am a little older by wearing an over shirt with cap sleeves in a very light cotton. A good pair of sturdy sandals or 'Reef' are a good idea becuase you will undoubtable do a lot of walking in the heat as well.

If you are with a tour group you will have your own transport to most places with A/C so may need to have a shirt like that to put on in the bus/plane anyway. It is only in some of the rural and special minority areas where it is best to be a little more considerate of your dress.
May 17, 2007 05:34
  • APAULT
And I thought it would be a bit more conservatibvve down your wat Jabaroo. But I AM in Shijiazhuang a real old military and party city, maybe that's the difference. But I as\lso notice a difference this summer compared with last.

Good point about airconditioned trains, buses, and planes. I don't carry an extra shirt but a sweater.. some of them would freeze the whatsits off a brass monkey!
May 22, 2007 08:21
  • KODAXED
I have noticed the amount of oz's on here lol I am british and will be travelling Next year through china so i just wanted to say thanks for the Information guys and Gals, By the way whats the feeling on Hats, would you say a wide brim hat is a Must? I have no clue on the Sun levels in asia, I thought it was Mostly cloudy and Humid heat, or am I wrong?
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why are people still wearing long sleeves?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code