Menu
What is Yuyao like? Can someone please tell me.
May 5, 2007 17:44
  • CHYNAGYRL
Hi. I'm contemplating a summer teaching position in Yuyao. Is this one of those places in China where I will melt or be steamed in my own perspiration during the summer time?? Any other info would be appreciated.

May 5, 2007 19:52
  • MAY001
Which province is it in?
May 6, 2007 00:44
  • WINDENERGY
CHYNAGYRL,

I found this in a search online:

Yuyao District is located in East of Zhejiang on southern bank of the Yangtze River Delta and belongs to Shanghai Economic Zone. It is 40km west of the international port city of Ningbo, 120km east of Hangzhou. It covers an area of 1,527 square kilometers. In 1984, Yuyao was approved as one of the first coastal areas opening to the outside world;

Because of its' proximity to Ningbo, the average high temperatures are recorded in Ningbo. The average high in July is 32.3 degrees C, and in August 32.8 degrees C. Compared to where I taught last summer (Xiamen), it is significantly cooler. June-September is the rainy season, however, so humidity and moisture will be high.

Using the Yahoo! search engine and typing in Yuyao, China will provide you with more information. What kind of teaching position are you considering?

__WINDENERGY__
May 6, 2007 12:16
  • JABAROOTOO
It will be hot. Anything near Shanghai and the Yangtze River in the summer will be hot but I'm sure you'll enjoy exploring the area. Travel slowly.
Post a Reply to: What is Yuyao like? Can someone please tell me.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code