Menu
Who can save them??
May 6, 2007 04:16
  • JOHNNY512
Who can save them??

——In Congo、Uganda、Liberia、Sri Lanka、Sierra leone and many deceloping countries, child-soldiers exsit. These children are regularly injected with cocaine or others which could make them crazy. Those, who refuse to be injected will be punished or killed. Most girls are raped before taking adverse drugs.

"A boy was seize. He escaped from the rebels. They force other captives like me kill him with a wooden stick. I'm very saddened, because I know this boy. We are from the same village. I don't want to kill him or anyone else. But they point a gun at me. I can only do so. That boy ask me 'Why do you want to do this ?' I said I have no choice."

Only 16-year-old Susan said that she would still dreamed of being killed by her own companions. As Susan said, they did the same things. For more than 3000 child-soliers, violence has become a way of life. In Congo, Anti-government militants have gathered many child-soldiers. Most of them are under 18, who are abused cruelly, and forced to implement many atrocities.

Currently there are more than 30 countries employ child-soldiers. SUCS recently released a survey that children have almost become direct participants and victims in the war; At least moere than 10 countries recruit child-soldiers in public; The number of child soldiers in the world is more than 30 million, of whom the youngest is only seven years old.

For them, life is a nightmare.
Who can save them?? Who can help them??

May 6, 2007 04:17
  • JOHNNY512

May 6, 2007 04:17
  • JOHNNY512

May 6, 2007 04:18
  • JOHNNY512

May 6, 2007 04:18
  • JOHNNY512

May 6, 2007 04:19
  • JOHNNY512

May 6, 2007 04:20
  • JOHNNY512
Fragile shoulder can carry this gun ?

May 6, 2007 04:20
  • JOHNNY512

May 6, 2007 04:21
  • JOHNNY512

Twins: Ruther Tore and Johnny Tore
Can you believe the two boys are the leaders of "God Army", which took more than 500 hostages in Thailand Hospital, 1999.

May 6, 2007 04:30
  • KATRINA
The more the state more backward love war.....
May 8, 2007 05:41
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Some humanitarian organisations joined force to save these children, the "Coalition to stop the use of child soldiers"

Quotes from their website http://www.child-soldiers.org/
"Children are forcibly recruited into armed groups in many conflicts but the vast majority of child soldiers are adolescents between the age of 14 and 18 who "volunteer" to join up. However, research has shown that a number of factors may be involved in making the decision to actually join an armed conflict and in reality many such adolescents see few alternatives to enlisting. War itself is a major determinant. Economic, social, community and family structures are frequently ravaged by armed conflict and joining the ranks of the fighters is often the only means of survival. Many youths have reported that desire to avenge the killing of relatives or other violence arising from war is an important motive.

Poverty and lack of access to educational or work opportunities are additional factors - with joining up often holding out either the promise or the reality of an income or a means of getting one. Coupled with this may be a desire for power, status or social recognition. Family and peer pressure to join up for ideological or political reasons or to honour family tradition may also be motivating factors. Girl soldiers have reported joining up to escape domestic servitude or enforced marriage or get away from domestic violence, exploitation and abuse."
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who can save them??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code