Menu
Please help us with info on Shanghai
May 7, 2007 04:01
  • INDOJADE
I am new and will appreciate your help.

My mother is to be admitted to Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, the address we got is No. 225 Changhai Road, Shanghai, Zip code: 200438

My question is where exactly Changhai Rd is, i.e what disctric is under, and what is the nearest hotel or any accomodation for at the very least 1 month period. Do you have any tip on how to tell the taxi driver from Pudong airport to get to the hospital?

Thanking you in advance for your help.
May 7, 2007 05:01
  • MELODYCHOW
hi, the most convenient way is that you can show the Shanghai taxi driver the name and address of the hospital in Chinese, I can put it into Chinese for you to copy/paste and print it out.

The name of the hospital: 上海东方肝胆外科医院
The address of the hospital: 上海市长海路225号
The telephone of the hospital: 021-65564166

Hope it helps.
May 7, 2007 05:07
  • MELODYCHOW
and for your question, Changhai Rd is under the Yangpu District (杨浦区 in Chinese) of Shanghai.

There are many hotels around the hospital, among which one is owned by the hospital you mentioned, and it is just opposite to the hospital.
May 7, 2007 07:49
or you may live in the JinJiang Inn http://www.jj-inn.com/Reserve.aspx
May 7, 2007 09:04
  • INDOJADE
Dear MELODYCHOW thanking you for your help. I printed the address in Chinese, I really appreciate your help.

My next question is which one is closer to Yangpu District; Shenxiang, Qingpu County or Hongkou District?
May 7, 2007 09:06
  • INDOJADE
FRANKINSHANGHAI, it will be more helpful if I could read or speak the language I guess, but thank you for trying to help me. I visited the website you suggested, but all are in Chinesse?
May 7, 2007 20:08
  • SERENA07
'My next question is which one is closer to Yangpu District; Shenxiang, Qingpu County or Hongkou District?'

Hongkou District is closer. It is just to the west of Yangpu District. Qingpu District (no longer a County) is very far.

Shenxiang? I don't know where it is. :(
May 7, 2007 23:52
  • INDOJADE
Serena,

thanks for your reply.

I am looking at The Fountain Hotel which is in 1191 East Daming Road, Hongkou District as well as Shanghai SunIsland International Club which located at Shenxiang, Qingpu County Shanghai 201714.

Looks like Shanghai SunIsland International Club is a nice place to stay, but if it way too far, than probably it will not be worthed.

Thanks again for your help.
May 8, 2007 01:19
  • RAINBOWTANG
I hope this link can help foreigners who are sick and living in Shanghai or work in Shanghai.
Gleneagles Hospital
http://www.gleneagles.com.cn/
May 8, 2007 06:58
It takes about 2 hours from Qingpu to the downtown of Shanghai,too far for you.
http://www.jj-inn.com/Reserve.aspx there is a English version button on the right top of the webpage,try it.
May 8, 2007 20:26
  • SERENA07
Hi, INDOJADE

The Chinse name and address for The Fountain Hotel:
大名星苑
地址:上海虹口区东大名路1191号

A taxi from Pudong International Airport to the hotel takes about 45 minutes and costs about CNY 120.

Or you can take the Airport Bus Line 5 from Pudong International Airport to Shanghai Railway Station. It costs CNY 18 per person. Then you can take a taxi to The Fountain Hotel with a charge of about CNY 20.

Hope the information be helpful and your mother recover soon.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Please help us with info on Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code