Menu
Another 'F' Visa Question
May 7, 2007 05:13
  • AJITSKHAN
Well I guess I have to go to India and get the 'F' visa. I have no choice.

But somebody just told me that even with an 'F' Visa I need to leave china and re-enter every 40 days. Is it true? Can anybody here on the forum with 'F' Visa confirm that?

Thank you so much!
May 7, 2007 05:37
  • FAERIEQUEENE
well my husband's F visa was done by his company (via CTS), for short business trips and it does not have any duration of each stay.

I've done mine at the Embassy china resources building way (we are in Hong Kong) and i have a 30-day for each entry, also a F visa while i applied for tourist...

There seem to be 2 channels (even within the CTS) in delivering the visas and they are different.
May 7, 2007 05:41
  • AJITSKHAN
Actually its quite confusing for me. I have an internship contract from my employer in China which is Sheraton Hotel, Chengdu. They have asked me to apply for 'F' visa from the embassy. The duration is 6 months. So then, once I get to China and start my internship, do I need to leave China every 30 days and re-enter?
May 7, 2007 20:23
  • MELODYCHOW
Hi, I think you have to leave China and re-enter every 30 days, since the period of validity of F visa (single or double entry) is 3 to 6 months; the duration of stay generally being 30 days, counting from the first day after your arrival in China. The visa issuing officials may properly extend the duration time according to the applicant's request and need.
May 7, 2007 21:35
  • APAULT
I recently met someone from UK with a 12 month multiple entry F visa.

last year I taught in Guangdong on an F visa with full knowledge of PSB, but I am told on quite good authority that here in Hebei you get into trouble... oh thsi is a difficult issue
May 8, 2007 21:15
  • FAERIEQUEENE
12-month multiple entry F visa is quite commonly given in HK (there are 3 years too) but as i mentioned there are those with a duration or stay and those without.

AJITSKHAN did you check with the china embassy in your country which kind of visa fit in your case?
May 9, 2007 21:55
  • APAULT
Ajitskhan. Sorry I have just reread your question. If you get a 6 month F visa, you should be able to renew it in China. Your employer will do most of this.
May 18, 2007 00:51
  • ENTRIPRENEUR
I have a 2 year multi entry visa for a duration of 60 days for each stay. I have my own import company and provided all the documents to the consulate in San Francisco, USA.
May 18, 2007 10:09
  • APAULT
Forgot to say...my F visa was for 6 months - no exits required. I think each issuing office makes up its own rules!
Jul 7, 2007 11:20
  • AJITSKHAN
thank you for your replies. I am in China now! I could only get a 1 month visa from the Chinese Embassy in India although it was under F category. However after getting here, the employer helped me obtain another F Visa which will be sufficient until the end of 6 months. I got a multiple entry visa WITHOUT any need to leave and re-enter China every 30 days! Thanks for all your help :)
Jul 8, 2007 04:49
  • APAULT
Great. That's the way to do it!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Another 'F' Visa Question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code