Menu
A good place to spend the summer?
May 7, 2007 21:56
  • CHYNAGYRL
I want to spend two months studying (preparing for teacher's college) this summer, in China. I'm wondering where is a nice city to stay for two months? I'll probably be studying around 30 hours a week...and out exploring on the weekends... would like to live in a city or town that's clean, has low rental prices, is Mandarin-speaking, and not too hot during the summer. I'm trying to avoid the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai.

Really, I'll be on a shoestring budget, and would like to pick up some part-time work teaching English if possible too... My first choice is Kunming in Yunnan, but do you know of any other places that might be good?? I don't mind a small place, but Internet access is absolutely necessary!! :-)

Thanks in advance for your help :-)
May 7, 2007 23:16
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Anywhere is ok? I believe most of smaller cities in northern China is suitable. Maybe you can try some costal cities such as Yantai, Qinhuangdao, Dalian, etc.
May 8, 2007 11:28
  • JABAROOTOO
Have a look at Guiyang but there a lots of places and internet access I readily available excpet perhaps in more remote villages where few people even have computers.
May 8, 2007 11:29
  • JABAROOTOO
And yes Yantai or Weihai would be great locations in Shandong Province
Post a Reply to: A good place to spend the summer?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code