Menu
Job Hunting
May 8, 2007 04:27
  • PEA28COCK
In our life time, there must be many times of job huntings. Job hunting is a challenge and also a good opportunity to test our will and faith.

How many times of job huntings have you experienced before you successfully get the present job?
May 8, 2007 04:59
  • MELODYCHOW
For me, only once. Before I graduated from university, I did not spend much time on job hunting because I was very busy at that time for our ' Farewell Evening Party'. So I had only one interview and thus got my job...
May 8, 2007 10:05
  • APAULT
I have had many jobs in my life. For 12 years I was a contractor in IT and often worked for short periods, so I regularly had to go to interviews.

Getting a job or contract is a skill separate from the skill of doing the job. First you must develop a good resume or 'cv'. Then send a letter (or email) specific to the job and company explaining why you want it or would be suitable for it. At an interview you should always be positive, ask your self why they ask a question and what do they want to hear, be confident but not arrogant, and talk enough but not too much making sure you make them aware of your ability. Remember employers are just as interested with whether you will fit in with the organisation...so listen for keywords about 'teamwork' or 'initiative and responsibility'.

Once I get an interview I reckon to get offered the job 50% of the time, usually from 6 interviewees. Sure China is a bit different, but not so much, the ineterviewers are people just the same!
May 8, 2007 20:02
  • PEA28COCK
Yes, paul, you are totally right.

Job hunting is an art of communication. That's my point. :)
Post a Reply to: Job Hunting
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code