Menu
Heads up for the community
May 8, 2007 17:19
  • GRIZ326
Heads up for the community....

In the last week or two I received quite a few emails from people I do not know asking that I chat with them. When I check the join date on their membership, they usually have just joined that day. Most are asking for help with their English, others imply other things. ...but I think the bottom line is that they are attempting to get your private email address for computer exploitation or social engineering.

I am happy to help someone with their English, but with the Internet scams we have today - one must error on the side of caution.

May 8, 2007 19:43
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear Griz,

I've moved your thread to Talk to Us board and hopes it wouldn't make troubles to you. Other members can't see your Email address when browsing your profile.

TCG hopes that all of our members can be cautious when deciding whether tell others your address or not.

Sincerely,
Christine
May 8, 2007 20:41
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Got those messages looking like scammers too this morning....
May 9, 2007 22:01
  • APAULT
Now there are some wanting to chat who follow up with the usual west African scams about money tied up in banks. Biggest problem is that we then stop answering requests to chat from genuine ppl. Pity
May 9, 2007 22:32
  • GRIZ326
Agreed Paul...but with the web scams today...one email could from a bad contact could make you a victim of identity theft. :(

...of course, my company sees the worst of the worst...so I am very cautious.
Post a Reply to: Heads up for the community
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code