Menu
Friendship ?
May 12, 2007 01:26
  • JABAROOTOO
What is friendship? it is many things to different people it seems.

I'd be interested to others opinion on this subject because like many others on the forum I am often asked by people I meet in a variety of places if I'd like to be thier friends.

One thing I have discovered in life is that most people have friendships a little like this

1. A very small circle of intimate friends - those you trust implicitly and prefer to spend the most time with if at all possible, a spouse is often included in this group - These are the pople who help 'fill your tank' so to speak

2. Then thier is a wider circle of friends and acquaintances who move in and out of your life, people whose company your enjoy and there is also mutual giving and reicieving but not quite at the same depth as the first group.

3. Lastly come the aquaintances who pop in and out of your life in a constant colourful stream
May 12, 2007 01:35
  • JABAROOTOO
Most people fall into the third catogory

Unfortunatly in everyones life are people we know, be they family members or colleagues or other who simply 'drain our tanks' if and when we spend too much time around them.

Some friendships blossom quickly from the first meeting and others develop more slowly over a longer period but one thing they all have in common is a mutual respect and desire to give unconditionally to the other. When this is recipricated, then it is a serindipitious bonus but I believe all good friendships should be a two way exchange of love and repsect and this also includes the 'romantic aspect' of freindship as well.

I have been fortunate to have been blessed with several truely wonderful friends here in China and I value thier friendships highly because they give so generously of themselves transcending any language barriers .
May 12, 2007 03:59
  • EVENING
Wonderful analysis!!! Applause!...............

Yes, I think many fall into the third group, that is they move in and out of your life quickly! The most worthy to cherish is the first group. They will accomany with you in all your life!!

I am lucky to have so many good friends! I love them and will cherish them forever!!
May 12, 2007 04:06
  • YVONNE
Some one comes, some one goes................. just at different times!
How life changes!!
A true friend is precious and worthy to cherish with your whole life, EVENING!!
May 12, 2007 09:07
  • KEVIN0518
We can not foresee what the future is. So let's cherish every friend who appears around us at present.
May 12, 2007 11:57
  • LIONPOWER
Yes Roo's sayings similar to our practical life.
But I have some craziness to the word 'Friend'.
I can't accept it easily when a teen age boy/girl , may be junior that my son/daughter, addressing me as ' Friend'.
Am I in dark?
Post a Reply to: Friendship ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code