Menu
Terraced Fields at Longsheng, Guangxi
May 12, 2007 18:00
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
Can anyone tell me what months the terraced fields of Longsheng, Guangxi are flooded with water? What months would the rice be ready to cut? Thanks in advance.

Rick

May 14, 2007 07:24
  • JABAROOTOO
I think there is another thread running on this quesion. They are planty now in Chongqing and Sichuan which means the fields have water in them but timing will be a little different furthr south. However I traveled down that way passing by but not actually visiting the Dragon ridge but by late August the filelds were being drained for harvesting.

May 15, 2007 05:26
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
Would this mean that rice harvesting season would be in September? On the many trips I have made to southern China, I seem to recall that there is still a lot of rain through September into October.

Rick
May 15, 2007 20:50
  • CALIFORNIA
I went there in this May holiday,and it hasn't watered!In fact,some parts have been flooded!!!

The rice harvest will be in Octorber!!!

So amazing place!!!
May 17, 2007 05:07
  • JABAROOTOO
Trust California,

You always manage to come up with the answers. California, does that mean that there is water in the fields with the rice now until which month?? Not quite sure what you mean by 'it hasn't watered' .

and is the flooding because of heavy rain?

So can we say that the rice paddies probably have water in them from now until July or August or even later still. I guess the optimum time is before the rice grows too tall. Even if there is water in the terraces if the crop is too tall then you can't see the effect of the reflection on the water but you can appreciate the colours of the ripening grain.

Waiting to solve this riddle....
Post a Reply to: Terraced Fields at Longsheng, Guangxi
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code