Menu
Where should I get my visa?
May 13, 2007 03:03
  • DAVEC
I need to get a visa for my 3 weeks in China during september where is the best/most reasonable place to get it? Last year I used local visa office which does everything for £80 but I have seen online places who do £55 and reduction for more than 1 person. I dont have time to travel to London to get it done myself so who should I use?
May 14, 2007 07:56
  • JABAROOTOO
Can't you post it in to the Chinese Embassy in London.

I post mine off to Canberra every year and they have it back within two weeks. All my friens and relatives who have visited have done exactly the same thing. All you have to do is download all the forms from the website, follow the instructions about the amount of money to send and the reply paid registered post for them to send it back to you.

Should be the cheapest and simplest way to do it.
May 14, 2007 09:29
  • DAVEC
I was tempted but dont trust the postal service in this country. Do you know if I can get multi entry visa as a tourist? I will be in china september and again in march/april next year and dont want to get 2 seperate visas if I can help it.
May 16, 2007 22:15
  • APAULT
I had heard that the Chinese consulates don't accept private postal applications, (I was in Aus) so I am surprised that Jabaroo has been able to. In Sydney the agent's fee is just $15 (6 pounds). If you want to use an agent, try contacting Chinese ones, they are likely to be cheaper - based on Aus experience, likewise for plane tickets.

The rentry has to be made within a certain period, 6 months from date of issue I think, I will check my visa and come back to you.
Post a Reply to: Where should I get my visa?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code