Menu
PRICES in US$ ??
May 14, 2007 07:18
  • JABAROOTOO
I've just been using the TCG link for domestic flights and prices and notice the fare is now quoted in US$ not RMB.

I wonder why this change has been made and is it possible to have the price quoted in both US$ and RMB

Many of us here in the country use this and I never know the current exchange rate fo the US$ because I don't use them at all and have no need to. I'm sure there are many others who would prefer to see prices in RMB.

If we need a reference to our own currency it is pretty easy to do a simple conversion.

Using US$ requires many of us doing a conversion twice rather than not at all or just once.
May 14, 2007 20:15
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Jabarootoo,

It's long time since we use US$ because most of our clients are from US and many don't live in China when they book the tickets.

Anyway, your suggestion of using US$ and RMB is quite good, very convenient for more foreigners in China. I have told our sales department about your suggestion for reference.
Millions thanks!!

Truly
Siva: )
May 15, 2007 05:08
  • JABAROOTOO
Thanks Siva
I use it all the time so I would certainly appreciate it and I always refer people there as well. Many who live here too.
I appreciate that you have a target market in the US and need to cater to them as much as possible but hopefully not exclusively.
Jun 17, 2007 00:24
  • APAULT
Just price in RMB and give a link to a reputble exchange rate site. This is nuch better in the new environment that China is in where exchange rates are going to change. Then you won't have to keep updating the site to keep it current. Anywat it's the same as date formats, wights and distances: It's time the Yanks woke up to the rest of the world and recognise they are the ones out of step! let's be part of educating them !
Post a Reply to: PRICES in US$ ??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code