Menu
home-schooling in China
May 15, 2007 11:35
  • FOCUSFOCUS
hello,

Our family is going to move into Changsha due to my job.
If anyone knows about any home schooling parents in Chagsha, please let me know. i have searched for schools in changsha, but I think we need to start with home-schooling first.
Also, other school information for English speaking kids...please. : )
My boys are 7 and 8 years old.

I'm a math teacher, and I think I can help some home schooling moms in Changsha.

Kim
May 15, 2007 20:03
  • TRAVELDREAM
Hi Kim,

Seems that home-schooling is not very popular in China.

Wish you good luck!
May 21, 2007 06:25
  • SPECTRAOFTSH
Hello Kim:
I faced the same issues when my family moved to Changsha, Hunan just about two years ago dut to my husband's job. I was a Montessori teacher in USA. I have four children (7 and 9 yrd old boys; 11 and 14 yrs old girs). I was born and raised in Changsha, Hunan. I was prepared th home school my four children.I ended up choosing Tongshenghu International School for my children and now Tongshenghu School has Spectra International Education Center. Spectra teaches in English. Its primary goal is to provide education for children of forein expats. I am willing to give you more information. You can email me at yahoo.com|hongli6886-usa. Best wishes for you and your family with your moving! Hongli Liu
May 27, 2007 08:49
  • FOCUSFOCUS
I'll try to contact with you soon.

Thank you so much for your consideration.
Jun 30, 2007 09:45
  • ESL4ALL
Dear Kim,
My name is Julie and I'm an English teacher in China. I'm going to be moving to Changsha in about a week to my new school. I have two sons, age 9 and 7, who have been home schooled all of their lives. If you are still in the Changsha area, please let me know. I'd love to help you in any way that I can. It would be great to trade English lessons for Math lessons! Feel free to contact me at my email address directly at: gmail.com|ESL4ALL
Kindest regards,
Julie
Mar 24, 2008 02:27
GUEST30198 You are such a warm-hearted teacher that I can't help respecting.
Despite my poor English, I wish you a good success!
Oct 17, 2008 03:27
GUEST20515 Hi There,

I have to relocate to Sanya, but there aren't any International schools in Hainan. Only option is Home schooling, for that I need to hire a teacher who can do all subjects, 5 days week .... follow an accredited home school program.

Any information on this or any comments is highly appreciated? Thanks

Mar 8, 2009 08:51
GUEST22797 I am thinking of moving to Sanya myself with home-schooling my two, 11 & 9. I wonder if anyone would have some idea. Thanks.

Karen
Mar 27, 2009 23:14
GUEST79191 I also live in China and have recently become familiar with Greenways Academy. They have accredited material through high school and I have found the material challenging and well-thought out. Also, I was informed they now have a person in China represeting their company. The contact information I was given for their rep is: gmail.com|wagepeace71
Hope that helps. Good Luck!
Mar 30, 2009 20:18
GUEST22145 Thanks for your info, Guest79191.
Aug 3, 2009 04:33
GUESTPHEKSIE Hi all

I am a Malaysian mother of 2 boys (6 and 3 years old), staying in Shenzhen now. I am looking for homeschooling groups in Shenzhen. Pls let me know asap (163.com|pheksie), if u know of any homeschooling groups in Shenzhen or Hong Kong. Thks!!

pheksie
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: home-schooling in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code