Menu
Digital Cameras and Ipods when traveling to China
May 15, 2007 16:26
  • NYTYME
Is it permissible to bring Ipods and Digital Cameras into China?
If so, do you have to use the Red Customs line or can you go the green route?

I saw mention that computer storage media weren't allowed or were restricted... digital cameras and ipods are computer storage media.

Thanks
May 15, 2007 22:19
  • APAULT
If you are bringing normal quantities for personal use you shopuldn't have any problem (but who would import to china??) I think you will find that there is a further qualification to that regulation concerning the nature of what is stored on the media ie: illegal material or material detrimental to the state. So no *** , no anti China, proscribed religious tetxs etc.
May 19, 2007 13:02
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
I have traveled to Asia, and mostly China, many times with high-end digital photography equipment, including two Canon digital SLR's, Canon lenses, laptop computer, iPODS, etc., etc. I never had a problem or was ever questioned about the equipment or the quantity of equipment.

Like the previous poster said, common sense prevails when you are the of a foreign country, so respect the laws, the culture and the people. It sounds like this may be one of your first trips to China, so don't expect everything to be as it is wherever you are coming from.

Most of all enjoy yourself and take home wonderful pictures with your digital camera. Also, pick up some wonderful Chinese music available on CD's! They will play on your computer equipment and you can download them to your iPOD. My favorite is folk music from Yunnan province. Lijiang is a place everyone must visit at least once in their life! Happy travels!

老汉 理查 (Rick)

Post a Reply to: Digital Cameras and Ipods when traveling to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code