May 27, 2007 00:17
  • LIONPOWER
May,
I am sorry for the expression-- 1.5
These means girls value 50% here.
Can you explain it again.
May 27, 2007 19:56
  • MAY001
Sharif, I'm sorry about the expression too. But it's the truth. Girls are still considered useless in many rural areas. You know, girls are not stronger than men. What's more, if a girl married, she's no more a family member according to the traditional idea. So that's why a lot of people, especially those who living in countryside, prefer boys. They are labors of the family!!
But situation changed and girls gained more and more respect now.
May 29, 2007 11:17
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, it may problem in country side.
City side no problem, so the law have some complected
Nov 1, 2007 22:56
GUEST52227 Sorry to revive a topic that seems to have been resolved... I was wondering if anyone had any concrete information about getting birth control pills in China--did the original poster achieve it?

I just went to the No. 1 hospital in my city in Guangdong Province (with an interpreter) and was told that birth control pills weren't good for me. They suggested I let the man take the responsibility. Needless to say, that answer didn't please me overmuch, so I'm trying to research for a brand name that I can take back to the pharmacy or hospital and ask for. Anyone have any brand names for these pills (not the emergency morning-after pills but the regular 21 or 28 day cycle contraceptives) in Chinese that I can try?

Any advice appreciated!
Nov 1, 2007 23:51
  • TRACE
I too would really like some advice on this topic. I you can get them over the counter at a chemist this would be a much easier option than to go to a doctor. Thus I guess you would need to know what you are looking for or asking for
Any advice would be appreciated
Nov 3, 2007 21:35
  • AL32
Apault wrote:
"You might find it easier to take a friend with you to interpret. If your only concern is dosage you might find you can resolve everything at a good pharmacist's...but be prepared to try a few!"

This was a tad funny I think...: try a few of them, you might get pregnant a couple times, but you'll eventually find a good pharmacist...

OK I'm out I need more coffee ;-P
Nov 4, 2007 10:26
  • APAULT
In this country which has put so much emphasis into birth control, I am amazed at the response Guest got in a hospital.
Jun 4, 2008 05:28
GUESTTROUBLE... hi can u tell me the name of the contraceptive?
Aug 26, 2008 01:22
GUEST21141 blog on earnings in the Internet sites and move any other information
Dec 1, 2008 11:29
GUEST19023 can u give me name of birth control pills in chinese character coz i m in china and i dont knw chinese and i need it...
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Birth control pills
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code