Menu
Addresses of Places to go while in Hong Kong to Apply for Visa to China
May 17, 2007 11:22
  • JULY1744
I shall be in HK in June and plan to visit China. Appreciate addresses of official Chinese government places, where I can personally appear to apply for a visa to visit China, without going through an agent. Thanks. MM
May 18, 2007 00:11
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
China Resources Building on Harbour Drive, Wanchai. It's just inland from the Wanchai Ferry Terminal. The official visa office is in that building.
May 18, 2007 13:09
  • JULY1744
Understand China visa can also be obtained from the China Travel Agency in Monk Kok. Is there any difference in cost or service? Thanks for your reply. MM
Dec 23, 2007 08:01
GUEST20178 this might be a little too late for you..but it probably easiest just to wait until you arrive at the airport in China..they have it set up there to get visa..at least in Beijing anyway
Dec 24, 2007 10:16
  • APAULT
Guest. I am surprised to hear what you say...that you can get a visa at Beijing airport. This is contrary to everything we have ever heard before. I have not seen this at Beijing Airport nor at Hong Kong or Macau land crossings and it is contray to all discussions we have had in here.. Also, I would not expect the airline to allow you to fly without a valid visa.

Can you explain a bit further to clarify what you saw ...and when... we try to gain as much knowledge as possible about visas and related regulations.

Can anyone else confirm this or add information?
Jan 20, 2008 07:39
GUEST19014 I and my friend now in Australia. we want to going to Hong Kong and we also planning going china from Hong Kong. Do we have to get visa for china?

keiko
Feb 18, 2008 03:25
GUEST77142 Yes, actually if you were take the train from hong kong to goungzhou, when you get off the train there is a visa assistance on the left side if you do not have a visa you can go there and they will get your chinese visa in couple of hours, they do not check if you have chinese visa if you are in hong kong until you get the check in of the way you are traveling in, if you go on airline into china yes u better have valid visa, fly into hong kong, you can take train and get visa just 50 meters from the customs and immigration lines, i have done this myself. if you come in by ferry to nanshan you will have to turn back and get visa only by train have i seen visa assistance.
Jun 17, 2008 18:54
GUESTNY would you please provide me the phone number and address of "china travel agency in Monk Kok " of Hong Kong?
Jun 18, 2008 07:57
  • JABAROOTOO
So it would seem that there is an AGENCY in the train terminus from Hong Kong to Guangzhou that will assist you in getting a visa.

This does not mean that you can get a Chinese visa at the border, but simply means that an AGENT will help for a fee to get one for you. Better time your arrival early enough for them to do it.

It will be interesting to get accurate information about the above mention Beijing Airport visa issue - but for now it would be advisable to have a visa before arrival. Hate to land and find that this is not actually available. given the current situation where people are being required to supply all travel details it is highly unlikely to be the case.

Let's get some confirmation from official sources first.................
Post a Reply to: Addresses of Places to go while in Hong Kong to Apply for Visa to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code