Menu
Travelling by bus
May 19, 2007 08:47
  • DAVEC
For my Yunnan trip I will need to travel some of the journey by bus. I have a few questions. How big are they ? and is it practical to take small suitcases onboard? I will be travelling with a large bag full of camera gear plus small suitcase neither of which I want to leave my sight. Are there any websites giving details or does anyone have any photos to show what they are like?
May 19, 2007 09:12
  • JABAROOTOO
The quality of the bus depends where you are traveling. Yes it is possible to take your belongings onto the bus but keep in mind that you may have it around your own feet. some buses have lots of leg room and others have none. the Chinese often take lots of stuff on the bus too.
May 19, 2007 09:16
  • DAVEC
We will be going from Dali to Lijiang and onto Zhongdian plus returning same way.
May 19, 2007 17:10
  • CHESSA
Hi Davec
Had a quick check and found that buses run from Dali to Lijiang every hour till 11pm and it's supposed to take 3.5 hrs. Much longer to Zhongdian 7.5 hrs. from Dali not sure from Lijiang.
My hubby and I will arrive in Kunming 25th. may and will be doing Dali to Lijiang bus trip as part of tour leading to Tiger Leaping Gorge. Would love to hear about your bus travels if you have time.
Cheers Chessa.
May 20, 2007 06:32
  • DAVEC
You can let me know what its like, we are going first week in september.
Post a Reply to: Travelling by bus
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code