Menu
Guilin to Guanzhou by boat
May 19, 2007 19:45
  • PAPAALHAWAII
I am thinking of floating down the Li River to Canton. Is this possible? How about by renting a motorcycle?
May 19, 2007 19:46
  • PAPAALHAWAII
I forgot... May 2008. I have one other person so far.
May 21, 2007 04:23
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Papa,
You can rent a bike and cycle out to the smaller river nearby where you can rent a manned raft for a negoitiated price and he will take you and your bike back down stream. But as for getting to Guangzhou by river???

I just had a looked at this map of Guangxi and you can see that Wuzhou on the border of Guangdong province is one river port that still sees shipping up the river from HK so it may be possible to go part of the way. The Li Jiang flows down to Wuzhou but I don't know if there is any public river transport between these two places these days. Let's see what the others turn up but do your own 'google' fro shipping from HK to Wuzhou although it will b far more interesting going upstream fron there ather than down.

http://www.maps-of-china.net/p_guangxi_map.html
May 21, 2007 04:35
  • PAPAALHAWAII
Hi,
wow, you are really with it. I see you answering a lot of these queries. And being very helpful. I hope you remember me from my Gongtan inquiries.
Well, I have a year to figure this out. Check out my story on my trip to Wyoming at waikikinews.com
I'm thinking there must be some sort of travel down the river for locals. I wonder if a foreigner could get on nowadays. The other option is to try and rent a motorcycle. I got this idea from a guy who had cycled from Guangzhou to Guilin using a tour guide. I suppose I could find a tour guide to do such a journey but the trip wouldn't be that long on a motorcycle once I figured out what I was doing. Take care
May 22, 2007 20:47
  • WENSHIDI
You would be able to go from Wuzhou but not Guilin.
Motorbike travel would be possible (I know a couple of Dongguan guys who come up to Yangshuo regulalry) but quite dangerous. Cycling would be the best way, down hill nearly all the way.

Chris
May 27, 2007 15:17
  • PAPAALHAWAII
Thanks. Maybe I can bike to Wuzhou and then by boat down. But Wuzhou to Guanzhou would be mostly industrialized by river I imagine. Would that be right?
Feb 11, 2008 03:54
  • BERT
If this thread is still active, I am interested too. There are tourist boats going part of the river, but I am checking out if there are regular passenger boats too. I would love to go by motorcycle.

Bert
gmail.com|kiwino1
Post a Reply to: Guilin to Guanzhou by boat
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code