Menu
American seeking work in China...where do I start?
Nov 2, 2011 01:40
GUEST59166 Hi my names James as well, I'm a Process Engineer Manager and just got hear to China under my wifes visa. I do have a ivy leage Degree is there a chance for me to get work here in Shanghia??? If so where do I start and I'm not the teacher type more the do-er type. I've now had this title for 9 years with a major compain that I got to work all over the world but as of a month ago I got let go. So me and the wife moved to shanghia where she had an job offer. So I guess I'm asking will I be stuck at home or can I get a Z visa as well if I find a job?
Nov 3, 2011 23:04
Any new ideas?

I'm an american business student, planning to go to China to work after school. My parents are chinese, so I speak fluent conversational chinese. Looking to get experience in consulting, before starting a business.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

PM me please.
Jan 26, 2012 00:27
GUESTMOI Hi everyone,

i would like to know, what jobs are there suitable for me (in China) as i know to speak chinese but can't write, and i can read minor chinese words. i have a bachelor's degree in food science and nutrition. I'm from Malaysia.

Thanks! i really need some ideas~!
Feb 10, 2012 04:59
GUEST38230 can i get a job in the medical field as an american without speaking chinese
Mar 17, 2012 02:49
  • HELEN_WANG
Quote:

Originally Posted by FREECLIMBER View Post

Hi everyone. I want to work in China. I'm an American and do not speak Chinese yet. I have an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University and enjoy marketing, sales, and business development. Do I have a chance to work in China without knowing how to speak the language? If so, where is a good place for me to start looking for jobs?

Th...

Hi, if you are not good at Chinese, Shanghai is a good choice for you. Everyone speaks English here, and also, you can consider start as an English teacher, maybe part-time. chances will come to you soon:)
Jul 2, 2012 03:08
GUEST55538 Teaching jobs and Oral English teacher are quite suitable for you. My name is Robin. I attended some English training course last year. Now I still want to have more opportunities to speak English and know foreign cultures. I work in Guangzhou. My email: 163.com|robinchenbin
Jul 8, 2012 02:19
  • DUBANZ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST38230

can i get a job in the medical field as an american without speaking chinese

yes,but you have to have the license.
Jul 10, 2012 14:21
GUEST82110 hi bro well its great and pleasure for me to help u my email yahoo.com|food_master123 keep in touch i can do this for u
Oct 23, 2012 19:08
GUESTJAMES C... i am an american who would love to work for the chinese in the United States. I would like to collaborate with the Chinese to open a online School. Please call me a 804 -852-8437 and email me at yahoo.com|caass2011. i am open to all possibiities.
Mar 18, 2013 20:58
GUEST86036 I would like to work in shanghai china I went to the Chinese consulate and was told to get some type of working certificate which I not too familiar with. I have an associates degree in business administration. I have the forms. where do I go for this working permit? I am open to all possibilities. I have tried to find job in United States with no luck. I have a bunch of student loans to repay. My email address is yahoo.com|donchuck_chucky any help or suggestions welcome.
Page 6 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: American seeking work in China...where do I start?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code