Menu
HongKong to Shenzen, to Guangzhou to Changchun
May 20, 2007 23:07
  • ANNAT
Hi there,

I will be travelling to China for the first time with my partner and 16 year old daughter. I am looking for transport information ie which train or bus to get from Shenzen to Guangzhou and then from from Guangzhou to Changchun. I want to do this by train or bus cause I reckon it's cheaper, am I correct?

Also can you tell me how much time it will take for each trip and the approx cost and whether I can purchase the tickets online.

Thankyou
Anna
May 20, 2007 23:23
  • ANNAT
Hi there,

I just read that I could go frm Hongkong to Guangzhou and then onto Changchun. What is the name or number of the train???
May 21, 2007 01:23
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Annnat,

I have checked the train in China Trains on our site!

Here is the train information.

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/display1.asp?from1=Guangzhou&to1=Changchun&Submit32=SUBMIT

You can also check it for yourself

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains

Good Luck! : )

May 21, 2007 02:11
  • CALIFORNIA
You can take a bus from Hongkong to Guangzhou,I think it's faster than the train,and frequent.

The trains from Guangzhou to Changchun:
T236/T237 Guangzhou East to Changchun,34h36m,588RMB for the hardsleeper;
T121/124 Guangzhou to Changchun,35h43m,588RMB for the hardsleeper;

Good luck!!!
May 21, 2007 03:41
  • ANNAT
Hi there

thanks for the reply. Can I book that bus from HongKong to Guangzhou online or would it be easier to do this when I get there?

What is the number of that bus please
May 21, 2007 04:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Presume you are flying into HK. buses leave regularly from airport and there is no need to book. It would be a good idea to check for cheap flights grom either Guangzhou or Shenzhen to Changchun whick is a long train trip north.

There are sometimes great discounts depending on when you are travelling. Just click on the plane icon on the top right of this page.
May 21, 2007 06:22
  • ANNAT
Hi

I clicked on the airplane icon but this gives me the discounted amount but not the actual price, would rather know what I was paying for in advance so I can budget.
May 21, 2007 06:27
  • ANNAT
I have a renewing my visa question: If Shenzen is the border then is this the place to travel to to renew my visa after being in Changchun for three months? Or do I have to fly out of Hongkong to renew??
May 21, 2007 21:40
  • BETWEENUS21
if u r stopping over HK 4 a couple of days - then strongly suggests that u take the hk to guangzhou "Through train" instead of the buses. This is bec since u r travelling with yr family - the train actually provides the fastest non-stop service than the buses that goes from hk to guangzhou - and since its a direct non-stop train, u get aboard in hk Hong Hum Station and disembark in guanzhou where u then clear immigration n customs. This is unlike the bus - where u need to get down at the hk side of shenhzen border, go through immigration n customes, then again through china's immigration n customs - and then to another bus to continue yr way.
Then from guangzhou to Changchun - u can take the train in soft seat/sleeper as its much safer than on buses considering the long journey. On yr visa - u maybe able to renew it at changchun immigration office - but do check with the hotel staff there first as to whether there's a immigration dept in the city (likely) and whether they process for foreigner seeking an extension.
May 21, 2007 22:44
  • ANNAT
Thanks for that very useful info. I thought that it would be better to get my visa at Hongkong airport which has been recommended, don't want to wait til I get to Changchun.

Can anyone tell me where and how much a laptop will cost me with up to date software? We are leaving from New Zealand and thought that we would purchase one before we leave but Iknow we'd probably pay a lot less in China. I head Shenzen is a great place to shop. Any tips?
May 22, 2007 10:35
  • BETWEENUS21
hi again - its not possible to get a china visa when u land in HK airport - but when u are in hk - u should check ith the hotel concierge or if they have a travel agency within the hotel to do it for u - it takes usually 2 days - so its better to drop by the travel agency to do it on arrival at the hotel. On buying laptop - its advisable if u need to buy it in HK and not in mainland china - as altho it may seems cheaper; but unless one knows the laptop technically; its not advisable to do so.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: HongKong to Shenzen, to Guangzhou to Changchun
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code