Menu
Two lovers explore the whole 4,828 kms Great Wall totally on feet!
May 24, 2007 03:49
  • LEOPOLD219
An English guy Tarkar L' Herpiniere and his girlfriend Katie-Jane Cooper has finished their great trip along the whole Great Wall. They walk through the whole of 4,828 kms in 167 days totally on feet!!!!

Many sections of the Great Wall are soaked in sand or badly damaged, very difficult for walking!! But they had only some satellite photos of the whole road and they knew just a few Chinese words!! How incrediable!!

After the exploration, they both lost some weitht, totally 38 kilograms!! And they are shorter than before, each by one inch (2,54 centimeters).

I really admire their persistence and braveness!! This also depends on their good cooperation, that is from their deep love for each other and believe in each other!!
May 24, 2007 03:51
  • LEOPOLD219
This is a photo of them!!
How do you think of them?
Are you brave enough to make such a trip???

May 24, 2007 09:01
  • FAERIEQUEENE
i think the man is no ordinary traveller, he's cycled across France at the age of 16, is an expeditionist to the poles and the everest etc. The girl friend has overcome physical challenges,she's been hospitalised twice

a full article => http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/6666643.stm

of course very admiring @_@
May 24, 2007 19:49
  • LEONARDO
Life is a long journey; so is love. To reach the happpy end, they both have to stand up to the test of time and difficulties.
May 24, 2007 20:46
  • KEVIN0518
Leonardo. Great. You are like a poet.
"Life is a long journey; so is love. " I like this sentence.
May 25, 2007 01:53
  • EVENING
yes Queen,
The man is not ordinary at all!!!!!!

How I wish I could find such a man!!!!!!!!! I do not mean he must do the same thing as to walk through the Great Wall, but just to accompany with me to face all the difficulites in all our life....hehe ^.^
May 25, 2007 04:01
  • FAERIEQUEENE
what made you all feel so ‘romantic’ about this adventure and record??? of course the last photo is very beautiful…. Evening, i see you viewing a chevalier conquering in his sword the castle of great wall with his queen…??

best wishes, lynette
May 30, 2007 03:06
  • CHERYL
Hi, Evening, I have the same feeling with you. Wish I can find a man who will stick to faithfully to me through thick and thin.
May 30, 2007 20:19
  • KATRINA
Evening and Cheryl. Hope you both can find your Mr.right.
Post a Reply to: Two lovers explore the whole 4,828 kms Great Wall totally on feet!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code