Menu
Rely upon table-ware disinfection in china?
May 25, 2007 03:48
  • MIRANDAZHAO
When you eat in a restaurant, especially those small ones, will you worry about the table-ware? Do you believe they are all disinfected?????????

Most of the restaurant have their own disinfecting system. In Guangzhou, there is a new policy. The table-ware are disinfected by the special disinfecting company and then sent to every restaurant. Guests need to pay 1RMB for a suit of talbe-ware.

Some one think it is unreasonable. They think this charge should be one part of the restaurants' cost, and thus should not be paid by guests.

What's your opinions??

May 25, 2007 03:55
  • YVONNE
Well, I think the guests should not pay the fees. That is what the restaurants should do. If he can not make the table-wares clean and safe to use, will the customers go to the restaurants? And in some restaurants, the disinfecting system is just a furnishing thing. They do not use it to disinfect the table-wares because they have to pay extra money on this. That is too bad.
May 25, 2007 21:02
  • HEIDI
It's the duty of restaurants to offer clean table-wares to guests. Unreasonable to pay more money for the disinfected talbe-wares.

It seems intresting to me that, usually two kinds of table-wareas - a suit of disinfected talbe-ware(1RMB should be paid)and the free one can be chosen by the guests. The waiter usually will ask you which one would you like? And persuade you to pay 1Yuan to use the disinfected one. One of my friends who is outspoken once asked the waiter: Havn't the free ones disinfected? The waiter feels embarrassed at that time.
May 26, 2007 08:08
  • 9TEEN51
Sounds like the Chinese version of "Would you like fries with that?" (so we can make some more money!). Anyway, disinfectected table-ware sounds a lot healthier than 'fries'. Actually the question is now "Would you like your fries cooked with transfats, or without?"
May 31, 2007 14:59
  • GRIZ326
Sounds like an entrepreneur creating a new market.

As for would I take the disinfected tableware or the kitchen cleaned tableware? If the kitchen cleaned tableware doesn't look clean, then I will eat in another restaurant.
May 31, 2007 22:11
  • KEVIN0518
A wise choice, griz326. I will do it like you.
Jun 1, 2007 02:55
  • MAY001
"Sounds like an entrepreneur creating a new market."

Yes, Griz, I agree!
Post a Reply to: Rely upon table-ware disinfection in china?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code