Menu
retirement in china...what do u think? hows shunde,gd?
May 25, 2007 13:13
  • VILLAGEIDIOT
hello ppl

thinking about retiring in china in about 10 yrs.......i'm heading bk hopefully this fall to scout out some possible locations;purchasing next yr if its even possible.

any suggestions or comments ?

thanks

May 26, 2007 04:07
  • DAVEC
Not sure its possible, I thought the only ways into China are working for Chinese company or if you are married to a national. I could be wrong and I hope I am cos I want to move there too.
May 26, 2007 19:56
  • VILLAGEIDIOT
yes dave...i think u might be right....

thats going to be a bummer....
i suppose i can buy it under some distant distant cousins name....but i suppose thats asking for it....
May 26, 2007 19:59
  • VILLAGEIDIOT
well one thing i forgot to mention....

even if i can do 6 months china/6 months canada would be fine.....
May 27, 2007 02:48
  • DAVEC
I thought I might just sneak into the country and try to blend in. But the 6ft tall 90kg was the giveaway. Need to find another way round it.
May 27, 2007 22:36
  • MAY001
Just curious. Why do you want to retire in China?
May 28, 2007 00:17
  • VILLAGEIDIOT
hi may

nice to meet u...
Well for starters , i think china can offer a peaceful way of life; especially in the small townships. The cost of living is a lot lower as long as ur not in a major city. In 10 yrs i think china will have a better and a more accessable healthcare system. China is so vast in her history and culture; would be fun to explore and learn. Lastly i've been living in canada since i was 8....it would be important for me to know my people and my roots before i die

dave...ahhahahaa....i see ur point

another route would be via the northeastern part.....i think there are some huge chinese there......u might blend in abit better......good luck

May 29, 2007 04:04
  • MIRANDAZHAO
It's hard to be a residence of China since China is not a immigration country. If you are working or doing some business in China, the situation can be changed. Anyway, it might be good to live in China for several months, and then back to Canada.
May 29, 2007 09:06
Maybe it is possible to set up a chinese company in partnership with a person you can trust, and then be an employee / director of that company? I would be interested if anybody knows if this is possible as a way to achieve residency status?
Jun 1, 2007 03:06
  • MAY001
Hi there,
Actually I know less about the policies. But I know one thing that policies changed in different places. So it's better for you to ask a local friend to help you, and ask the details in local government/authorities.
Jun 1, 2007 06:25
  • APAULT
As the others say, it is is not easy to retire here, as such. You could however do 6 months hre and 6 months in Canada, I have a similar idea too. Under present rules you will not be able to buy property but it is cheap to rent at the moment.

I have never been to a quiet city in China. Also, I have strong dubts about the medical environment you envisage being so advanced and as this is not an immigrant country you would have to pay for your health care.

China is changing fast so much of what we are all saying could change in that time. I would suggest waiting .... and review the situation in about 8 years .
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: retirement in china...what do u think? hows shunde,gd?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code