Menu
Tibet Tour
May 26, 2007 17:11
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
Perhaps I missed it on this site but we are looking for a tour to Tibet for 7-9 days that originates from either Xi'an, Chengdu or Kunming. My preference would be Xi'an since we have never been there and would like to see the "warriors".

The return destination could be Beijing or Hong Kong where we could pick up our flight to the US. Thanks for any ideas.

r
May 26, 2007 17:24
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
I also should have said that tours originating from Hong Kong would be okay as we can return to Hong Kong and depart directly for the U.S. If there is a great Tibet tour that originates from Hong Kong but does not go to Xi'an that is okay. We're looking to stay in Tibet for 7-9 nights. Thanks in advance.

Rick
May 28, 2007 01:04
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi Rick,
We have many packages can satisfy your request. There are 18 days Tibet Tours of Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Dingri - Everest Base Camp - Shigatse - Lhasa - Shanghai; 12 days Tibet Lhasa Tour of Beijing - Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Lhasa - Shanghai; 28 days Tibet Tours of Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Shigatse - Lhatse - Saga - Paryang - Manasarovar Lake - Tarchen - Mt. Kailash - Tarchen - Tsada - Seng Ge Tsangpo - Gertse - Tsochen -Lhatse - Shigatse - Lhasa - Shanghai; etc. etc. Find more Tibet tours at http://www.travelchinaguide.com/tour/tibet/

You can contact our tour operators and they will tailor you a Tibet tour according to your requests. See our contact info at http://www.travelchinaguide.com/contact_us.htm
May 28, 2007 06:56
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
Christine,

After talking to my doctor, it seems that I should probably stay away from high altitude, so we will look at Yunnan tours instead. Some of the altitudes on the Tibet tour exceed 5,000 meters so I am told. Thank you.

Rick
May 28, 2007 19:46
  • MAY001
Yes, high altitude sickness may be dangerous! Yunnan is also a good place for you to enjoy, Rick. You may try Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Kaili, Tongren, etc. etc.
Jun 9, 2007 06:38
  • SONG
Just got back from Tibet, we were quite worried about high altitude sickness, but it turned out ok. The train travel was fantastic, amazing landscapes and people are friendly.

Post a Reply to: Tibet Tour
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code