Menu
Learning is a step-by-step process.
May 28, 2007 02:25
  • LEONARDO
As a language learner, it is not easy for us to have a good command of a new language in a short time. In particular, second language acquisition is a tough project.
Personally, as an English learner, I feel it is impossible to grasp English in one or two months, especially when we live in a world where people around you never talk with you in English,. the only chance to speak English is in the classroom where the foreign teachers have a close watch over you.
I think for those who want to learn Chinese confronting the same problem as mine. Nobody speaks to you in the target language you want to acquire.
Therefore, learning a new language beomes a slow process. We can not learn evereything related to a new langage once for all. Try to learn it step by step.
Remember, knowing a new Chinese character means you are making a stride today! Come on! Success belongs to those who are persevering to follow their dreams !
May 28, 2007 03:33
  • DAVEC
I agree. I have been learning for 3 years, at the beginning I had 2 Chinese friends who helped me with basic conversations but now I just have my 2 hours at uni each week and with it 1 page of homework as they have gone home. I miss being able to have conversations which are definately the way to improve quickly. Speaking a language with a native is far better as is there ability to correct your mistakes.
Post a Reply to: Learning is a step-by-step process.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code