Menu
Shanghai Must Sees
Jun 2, 2007 12:04
Hello everyone-

I am traveling to Shanghai soon for two months, and I would really appreciate some input by natives and travelers on what to see while I am staying there.

Also- I have heard a lot about the Chinese "fake market" from friends, is it really as great as it sounds?
Jun 29, 2007 00:01
  • LUJIAZUI
We're also new in Shanghai, but, these may be helpful for you as well:

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/review2.asp?pp=1&i=1062
http://www.shanghaihighlights.com

Be prepared to walk and look both ways in crossing (and walking) the streets. Wear comfortable shoes and cap/hat while you're at it. You'll know what I mean when you get here. A smile works wonders!

Have a metrocard handy - it can pay for your subway, bus and taxi fares. Never leave your place without your address written in Chinese - at least, you can get back to your place via cab. Unless if you speak Chinese, then, you're absolutely fine.

So many places to visit in Shanghai, we've barely begun!

So far, Shanghai has been good and enjoyable to us.

Enjoy your trip!
Jul 11, 2007 07:56
  • ANGELONG
can i know the metro card is that can use in any co's taxi ? any taxi 's co which have a better reputation ?
Jul 11, 2007 21:17
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, Angelong,

FYI: In Shanghai, there is a common card named traffic card which can be used both subway and taxi.

The best top 4 reputation taxi with brand show at the top of car with Chinese named as below:

大众(da zhong),
强生(qiang sheng) ,
锦江(jin jiang)
巴士(Ba shi)

If you take the above four company's car, it is better .

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng ( China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Jul 11, 2007 23:05
  • HINTMAN
Hey there,

Well, there are SOOO many things to do and see here that even with two months time to visit you won't get a chance to do them all. BUT! You can do many things that aren't the usual "tourist attractions."

I've been living here for about a year and a half now and still find new things to do on a weekly basis.

If you want some suggestions of unique Shanghai activities and things to do, then go to www.hintlistchina.com . I'm an editor for that magazine so I've gotten around the city to say the least!

You won't have a problem getting from place to place here. You can use a travel card for the bus, metro, and cabs. Just learn the basic "cabbie Chinese" and you should be good to go.

Regards,

HintMan
Post a Reply to: Shanghai Must Sees
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code