Menu
are you chasing your dream now?
Jun 7, 2007 10:43
  • CHYNAGYRL
To be happy, you should lower expectations and avoid disappointment. :-) Really, it works!! Whenever II get exactly what I want: a great job, a great friendship or relationship, new achievements, it seems that each comes with its own difficulties that I couldn't see from far away. Everything looks perfect from far away, especially love, but not as tidy as close. Whenever I finish something -- like a big project or job -- I get a sense of emptiness -- and that makes me realize that life is about continually climbing mountains and finding new challenges. We can all achieve small goals and keep setting new ones for ourselves as long as we're alive.
Jun 7, 2007 19:59
  • LOSTLOST
But what is life for?To achieve small goals?getting lost.
Jun 7, 2007 22:16
  • ZOEY
"life is about continually climbing mountains and finding new challenges."

Yes, it is. But we should be ambitious.
Jun 7, 2007 23:41
  • LIONPOWER
Yes,
Life not the bed of Roses.
Jun 9, 2007 09:50
  • VALMINX
I achived my childhood dreams whilst i was still young, but then ended up quite deflated and restless, things are not always what you envisage. Now i feel very content with how my life is going, i have many challenges ahead and i get to share them with someone who loves me very much (as i do him) Im at a point where i feel as if everything i have worked for is now coming together and look forward to the challenges ahead with moving to China! So to put it another way then yes i am now realising my dreams.
Jun 9, 2007 11:58
  • YEMMIE
When I was young, I had the dream of becoming a successful/famous songwriter/performer. I worked on it part time for 5 years and full time for 5 more. Then, after numerous rejections from record companies, music publishers, and artists, heartbroken, I finally gave up. I didn't play or write for 10 years. Then, I began again to play just a little occasionally purely for the enjoyment of it.

Last year, a musician friend of mine released her first CD. She recorded her arrangement of one of my songs on it. The CD is getting some airplay in America, England, and New Zealand. So far, I have not made any money. I don't know if I ever will, but at least now, there is a chance that a few people around the world will hear my music. And of course, now, I have begun to hope that someone in the music business will hear that song and will want to hear more of my music.

So, after all this time, my dream is still not dead, though it has been sleeping.
Jun 9, 2007 12:29
  • APAULT
I'm no longer chasing the dreams of my childhood, nor of my younger adult years, nor any others. I have new dreams that relate to my current life situation with its successes and failures. Life has no meaning without dreams, so adapt the dreams to the changing circumstances. :)
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: are you chasing your dream now?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code