Menu
help with translation in Beijing
Jun 6, 2007 06:51
  • GUAIRU
hello,

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I'll try anyway. If it's not, I would be happy to take tips on other forums.

well, I'm going to spent a couple of weeks in Beijing (5 july-19 july) gathering information for my theses in chinese. I have a university degree in chinese, plus I spent a year and a half studying the language in Beijing.
I'm looking for someone who could help me look for material for my theses, articles and such. I'm writing about the chinese banking system and how China managed the WTO membership.
I haven't been to China for three years so my chinese is a bit rusty and I don't know my way around the universities in Beijing and how to look for academic articles. So if you know a student, or know how I can get in contact with one, willing to earn some money helping me with this I would be really greatful.

Thanks!
Jun 6, 2007 19:58
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Guairu,

Tt's a nice topic of your thesis,and I think you should find a student who major in Banking or Economic,Good luck!!!

Trust your chinese!!!

Cali
Jun 7, 2007 02:58
  • GUAIRU
Thank you!

My problem is to find a student in the middle of the summer, any suggestion on how to get in contact with one? The universities are usually quite empty in july...

But thanks for the encouragement!

/GuAiRu
Jun 7, 2007 18:04
  • SMSSU
Hi there,
I am from China and working in Oregon now. I think I can find one of my friends in Beijing who is interested in helping you.
Be free to contace me via
stmarysschool.us|jsu
Jun 7, 2007 20:06
  • CALIFORNIA
Can you tell me the exact day???
Jun 8, 2007 01:42
  • GUAIRU
Hi again,

I'm going to be in Beijing between the 6 of july and the 19 of july to write on my theses. I would rather have help in the beginning of the period, since I'm planning to do the translation and reading before I go home.

/GuAiRu
Jun 8, 2007 01:54
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,GuAiRu,

Sorry for my careless~~~~~~

I try to find a student for you:-)
Jun 8, 2007 01:55
  • CALIFORNIA
I only read the 2# words today,sorry!
Jun 9, 2007 13:40
  • SYRCITY
Hi, I will be in Beijing since 7/5 through 7/12. If yo ustill looking for some college student, I can get you one. She is majoring in library science and available during the period of your stay in Beijing. contact me privately.
Jun 12, 2007 00:59
  • GUAIRU
hello,

first of all, thank you for your support and response!

I just wanted to say that I haven't got in contact with any student yet, so I'm still interested in finding someone that can help me.
The library science student sounds perfect. I've tried to send you, syrcity, a msg, but I'm not sure if you got it. If you want me to contact you in another way, send me a msg message with your email.

Jul 6, 2007 00:55
  • GUAIRU
Hello everyone!

Well, I've arrived in Beijing and i still haven't found anyone who can help me, so I would be really grateful for any help I can get.

California, you said you maybe had some friends here who can help me. If you have someone in mind, please contact me.

As I mentioned before, of course I will pay any one who is willing to spend a day with me doing this.
Post a Reply to: help with translation in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code