Menu
Flowers cultivated in the green house will never stand up to the test of wind and rain.
Jun 6, 2007 22:31
  • LEONARDO
Today is the college entrance examination day. On my way to work, I passed several high schools, I saw thousands of parents gathered at the gates of the high schools. It is undeniable that parents are out of good will, they want to show their love and support for their children.Personally, I am deeply convinced that Parents' love for children is the most selfishless and noblest love in the world. However, parents also need to aware that overprotection for your chiilren will do harm to the growth to your children, rather than benefit.

I still remember clearly the day when I took the college entrance examination.On that day, neither of my parents accompanied me to the exam site. Certainly, it doesn' t mean they didn't love and care about me. On the contrary, they have always loved, supportted, and encouraged me along the way with their kind words of advice. The reason for their absence at that time is that I told them not to go, I said to them:" I need to grow up and face the reality on my own."

I have always belived that experincing difficulties and frustrations in life is not only inevitable but quite helpful for growth. Children reared under the wings of their parents are like the flowers cultivated in the green house. Flowers bloom vigorously under the roof of the green house;once the roof
is removed, they can not stand the test of wind and rain, and will be doomed to wither away. Likewise, children who are overprotected by their parents may grow healthly and happily, once they have to leave their parents and live on their own, they will collapse under the weight of life.

For most of us who were born after 1980s, we are the generation of "Chinese Only Child". Many people nickname us as "The Little Emperors of the Families" or " the Lost Generation". We can't deny the fact that we are indeed overprotected and indulged. However, we still have the chance and power to regain our reputation.Certainly, this cause also need parents' support. For instance, on college examination days, don't accompany your kids to the exam sites and wait outside the school gates, instead, let your children experince a significant day of their lives on their own and make their own choices.

Since the journey of life is not always smooth, and it is impossible for parents to accompany their children to go through the whole life , so it is necessary to give your children more opportunities to experince pangs and troubles of life. It will be very valuable and beneficial for their growth.

I am anticipating your opinion, or please share your stories about college entrace examination.
Jun 6, 2007 22:46
  • LOSTLOST
"Since the journey of life is not always smooth, and it is impossible for parents to accompany their children to go through the whole life , so it is necessary to give your children more opportunities to experince pangs and troubles of life. It will be very valuable and beneficial for their growth. "

I agree with you,LEONARDO. But sometimes I'd like to 'see' my parents are caring about me although I know they do. So, it does mean you are not independent if your parents are accompanying you. Maybe they only want you know there is always someone who loves and supports you.
Jun 7, 2007 00:45
  • KEVIN0518
Yes, Leonardo. I have the same experience with you. Actually, it was good that may parents were not with me when I had my exams. Otherwise, I would be nervous.

Different parents have different ways to show their love toward their child.

"Parents' love for children is the most selfishless and noblest love in the world." It is quite true.
Post a Reply to: Flowers cultivated in the green house will never stand up to the test of wind and rain.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code