Menu
China just keeps getting better and better with each visit !!!!
Jun 7, 2007 00:05
  • ROGERINCA
Hello all !!

I just returned Sunday from another wonderful trip to China !!

I spent three weeks with Lao Po and daughter in Huadu District of Guangzhou, and visited the surrounding environ in the region.

Every trip to the PRC is better than the previous. This was my sixth visit and it was the very best yet !!!

The warmth and friendship of my wife’s family, friends, and those in her community is overwhelming to me at times. Her family and friends are now my family and friends.

I have yet to encounter one negative experience while in beautiful China. The only negative is that of having to say [goodbye] at the Baiyun International Airport. Even the immigration officers at the airport, where you get the passport entry and exit stamps, always greet me with warmth !!

I have a one year multiple-entry Chinese Visa and will return again later in the summer, and I am hopeful that my Lao Po and daughter’s US K-3-4 visa interview will occur after the first of the year. Even after they are with me in California, we will still make minimum yearly trips to visit her family and home in China.

A highlight of the trip, and something I would highly recommend to others, was the evening supper cruise on the Pearl River in Guangzhou. For only US $7.50, you get an all you can eat supper buffet, and the 2+ hour cruise up and down the beautiful Pearl River, with its awesome lighted cityscape and waterfront. See photo attached.

I will again try to visit here more often, in between work and time for my wife.

Again, the discovery of beautiful China and its wonderful people, have changed my life forever.

PS: Dear TCG #1 member, California, I brought the Sacramento Kings shirt, that I promised you last year, with me and left it with my wife. It is easier to mail to you from within China than from the US to China. Please send me a PM with your postal address and I will have my wife put it in the mail to you very soon !!

Jun 7, 2007 01:18
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Roger,
Really long time no see you. Welcome back! : )
Jun 7, 2007 01:35
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Man,

Welcome Back!!!

Really happy to hear from you again,and also happy that you have a wonderful trip to China,and stayed with your sweetheart:-)

BTW,I also have a wonderful time with my amercian friend in Guangzhou during the May holiday,he studied in there.Maybe Guangzhou it's very hot now:-)

Thanks for your shirt!Two of my best friends have left for LA recently,I really missed them.So maybe I will go to California in some day,hope to visit you in there:-)

Cali
Jun 7, 2007 16:06
  • ROGERINCA
Thank you Siva !! I will try and spend some time here whenever I can. Between my work schedule and my daily phone time with my Lao Po, it has been difficult to be here as frequently as before. Also, I saw your PM regarding the new Visa forum. Yes, I have much info on the USA to PRC tourist visa process. Again, I use an ethnic Chinese agency in the USA to handle all my visas. This most recent visa I received is for one year and unlimited visits to the PRC. I will keep renewing the one year visa, so I never have to worry about travel to China on short notice. The Chinese Consulate in the USA has always been very kind and responsive to me in all my requests, and I thank the San Francisco. CA and Houston, TX PRC Consulate staffs so much.

In this regard, I am returning to China to visit wife and daughter, again in mid July.

Cali, I sent your address to my wife, she will try and get the shirt mailed to you very soon. She will first have to go to her sister's home to pick up the address on her computer. I think you should have the basketball shirt within two weeks, depending on how it is mailed to you in the north of China, from Guangzhou ??
Jun 7, 2007 18:33
  • GRIZ326
Thank you for the Pearl River dinner cruise suggestion. I'll definitely do that this trip.
Jun 7, 2007 20:15
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,I can't wait to see it:-)

Thanks,Roger~~~~~~

Any plans to Beijing???
Jun 7, 2007 23:16
  • ROGERINCA
Cali, I hope to get to Beijing within the year. This is a must, that I want to share with my Lao Po, who’s parents were both from Beijing, before dad, an Army officer, was transferred to Guangdong Province, close to Guangzhou, when she was a little girl. This is why she is so fluent in both Mandarin and the Cantonese dialects of the language; which she refers to as Beijing talk and Guangzhou talk. Her parents both spoke Mandarin at home, but she was taught Cantonese in the Guangzhou schools, from Grade 1, through her University time.

Our daughter is likewise fluent in both dialects, with Mandarin spoken at home and with all family members, and Cantonese spoken exclusively in her grammar school.

Griz, yes, this is a really great ride !! Not only is there a big feast coupled with the beautiful cruise, for a low price; you can get the big (28oz) bottle of genuine Budweiser Beer, with a chilled glass, for only US .50 cents.

You will have to ‘ditch’ that nasty cigar though !!! The ‘smoking lamp’ is not lit on this boat !!!!! :)
Jun 8, 2007 00:52
  • CALIFORNIA
Nice,Roger,

In fact,I don't know any cantonese:-( Mandarin is OK:-)
Jul 24, 2007 05:03
  • TAIKONG
Hello!
Could you tell me how to get there (Pearl River cruise location).
Thank you!
May 6, 2011 23:34
  • ROGERINCA
Been quite some time now since I have logged in here!!

Will be returning to the PRC and Guangzhou in June for a month.

I hope all of my good friends in China are all doing well, including the Mod's!!

I have been married now for nearly five years and we are doing very well!!

This will be my wife and daughter's first trip back home, since arriving here about three years ago.

This will be my 11th trip to China !! I am so looking forward to the visit!!

I will try to drop in here more often again.

Best wishes to all!!

Roger

May 7, 2011 03:39
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROGERINCA View Post

Been quite some time now since I have logged in here!!

Will be returning to the PRC and Guangzhou in June for a month.

I hope all of my good friends in China are all doing well, including the Mod's!!

I have been married now for nearly five years and we are doing very well!!

This will be my wife a...

You are such an experienced traveler to China. I hope that I could visit other countries one day. Anyway, good luck to your coming visit to China:)
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China just keeps getting better and better with each visit !!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code