Menu
Multiple or Single
Jun 7, 2007 17:38
  • MRICKSON
If I am traveling from Shanghai to Lhasa then back to Shanghai again, do I need a single or multiple entry Chinese Visa?
Jun 7, 2007 18:58
Lhasa is a city in Tibet of China,of course the Single Visa is enough.
Jun 8, 2007 06:23
  • JABAROOTOO
No, you will need a permit to enter Tibet and a re-entry permit for China I.E Multiple entry
Jun 9, 2007 01:24
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
No, a travel permit for Tibet has nothing to do with the visa. A single entry visa is more than enough.
Jun 12, 2007 22:51
  • LEEOVISA
Travel Permit is enough for you to go to Lhasa.
There is no concern about visa.

Jun 13, 2007 09:49
  • JABAROOTOO
This now looks very confusing.

The travel permit for Tibet is clear - you need one

However if you leave China and you have a single entry visa you cannot return without a re-enrty permit or multiple entry visa.
At least this is my understanding, even when visiting Tibet, Macau and Hongkong. But I could be wrong?

Or is visiting Tibet considered to be part of Mainland China and therefore not considered leaving the country??????? Let's clarify this....
Jun 14, 2007 00:16
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Yes, Tibet is a part of Mainland China. The travel permit is entirely separate from the visa and should be arranged in the Mainland when you arrange your travel to Tibet.

Hong Kong and Macao are Special Administrative Regions which are considered "outside China" for immigration purposes. There's no comparison with Tibet.
Jun 17, 2007 00:33
  • APAULT
My understanding is the same as Chris's...and certainly u need a new visa for each entry from Macau or HK (or a double or multiple entry visa)
Jan 4, 2009 19:29
GUESTMYLLA i am residing in the philippines. i've been to china before with tourist visa, and now i want to apply for student visa. is it possible for me to get a multiple visa valid for 1yr?
Post a Reply to: Multiple or Single
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code