Menu
Train between Hanoi and Beijing
Jun 9, 2007 15:09
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
This train is said to run twice weekly in each direction. From Hanoi, it stops at Dong Dang VN), Nanning, Guilin, Zhengzhou, and Beijing. The trip is very affordable and runs in the opposite direction from Beijing.

I bring this up because travelers from Vietnam to China could spend a lot of money getting to China from a Vietnamese city by air, with a stop in either Shenzhen, Guangzhou or Hong Kong and then another flight to Guilin, where I will be going. The train leaves Hanoi at 18:30 and you arrive at Guilin the next day around 14:58.

Other than perhaps the train station in Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi, has anyone ever found a reliable source for these tickets on the Vietnam side either from a source in HCM or Hanoi?

For those who love southern China, northern Vietnam is a great (and cheap) place to visit. We are planning to spend some time in the Sapa area of North Vietnam, which has many minority regions that you would typically see in the southern provinces of China. I hope this post is useful to some as I wait for a reply to the ticket procurement question in Vietnam.

理查 Rick

Jun 10, 2007 21:37
  • ZOEY
Thanks for your info. Rick.

I got some info. The train from Beijing to Hanoi will start on Monday and Friday. It will arrive at Nanning on Tuesday and Saturday. On Wednesday and Sunday it will arrive at Hanoi.

The ticket: Beijing to Hanoi CNY 1100,soft berth.
Nanning to Hanoi CNY 345.

Jun 11, 2007 10:10
  • LAO3HAN4RICK
Hello Zoey,

Right now I do not believe this line is open because I understand that landslides have caused disruption in the service. I am trying to find out when the line will be repaired.

理查 Rick

Post a Reply to: Train between Hanoi and Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code