Menu
Reading books or reading on the internet?
Jun 14, 2007 00:44
  • KATRINA
According to a survey, it is said that less than half of Chinese read books. When asked the reasons why they do not read books, they answer that they do not have time to read or do not get used to reading. Most of them are between 20 and 29. Some of them even think it is no use to read. To earn money is the most important.

However, more and more people like reading on the internet. Usually they read the latest news or some novels on the internet. Compared with reading books, it has several advantages. Most of the materials on the internet are free, for example, news. Or the costs are less than buying a book. On the other hand, those materials online are updated on time.

Any comments? Which kind is your favorite, reading books or reading on the internet?
Jun 14, 2007 01:01
  • PEA28COCK
compared the two, reading books is my favorite, and it will be forever.

computer itself does harm to our body, while books do not. therefore reading books is also a way to keep healthy.
Jun 14, 2007 01:22
  • LEONARDO
In an era of information explosion, instant messages has taken the place of essays. Few people can sit silently reading books. Personally, I prefer reading books.

Well, I think that we are entering an era dominated with " Fast Food Culture ". The classic literary works have been abandoned by many people.
Jun 14, 2007 01:34
  • DAVEC
I prefer books, you can read them anywhere and anytime. Sadly less and less people read now and I think that is for 2 reasons, firstly they are not very literate and not brought up to read well and secondly they cant be bothered to take the time. We live in an instant world where everything needs to be right now, fast food,instant messaging,emails,digital cameras. Nobody wants to slow down and have to think for themselves, so books get ignored.
Jun 14, 2007 02:20
  • KEVIN0518
Yes, Davec.

Personally, I like reading books. Well, for reading the news, I would like to watching TV or loggoing on the internet. Instant and free.
Jun 14, 2007 02:25
  • LIONPOWER
Long time reading in internet, not good for health.
Jun 14, 2007 09:04
  • CALIFORNIA
Reading book,not online~~~~~~
Jun 14, 2007 13:11
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, Cali
Jun 14, 2007 21:37
  • MAY001
But reading online is much more cheaper than buying a book.
Jun 14, 2007 22:58
  • KATRINA
Yes, May.

Everything has its pros and cons. Reading online may be harmful to your health. However, it is cheaper or free. For reading books, you can cherish them after you finish reading. Some books are too expensive.
Post a Reply to: Reading books or reading on the internet?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code