Menu
Where to travel in China this fall????
Jun 14, 2007 01:51
  • DANCER50
I am travelling to China for the first time this fall (Oct) for 4 - 6 weeks and have read so much I am going crazy trying to figure out where to go!!! My daughter is in Weifang now but will be in Beijing then and for Sept 28 - Oct 7 she wants us to travel with her to Chongqing, Boading Shan, Chnegdu, Baoguang, Emei Shan, Dafo Le Shan, Wolong Nature Reserve and Quinjcheng Shan. But after that we have another 4 weeks to travel and there are so many wonderful places. I have been looking at Yangtze Cruise, Li River Cruise, Xian, Kunming, Lunan, Tibet oh heck it goes on and on there are so many amazing temples, rivers and mountains.
Any tips on how to narrow it down before I go crazy. Also can' t walk too far or much uphill (hip problem). And not that interested in Hong Kong or Shanghai. Beijing will be enough am more interested in natural beauty and interesting culture and religious stuff.
:)
Jun 14, 2007 09:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Spend longer in Western Sichuan, heading down into Yunnan, via Zhongdian, Tiger Leaping gorge, Lijiang and then make your way through Guizhou to Guangxi and that should just about do it.

I guess you have read some of the travel reviews here. I've got a few to post on Aba county in Sichuan which I recommend along with Jiuzhaigou but you could skip this if you've been to the Rockies or similar. Skip Qingchengshan and head for Maerkang, Danba and Sigunianshan and futher west. Well worht it for both scenery and ethnic culture.
Jun 15, 2007 23:06
  • DANCER50
Thanks so much will read up on my Eyewitness Travel Guide. Do you have tips on making our way around China? My partner wants to do all tours as he wants stress free I would like to somehow incorporate a bit of both so we could stay some places and venture and relax a bit on our own.
Have you been to Tibet or the Southeast China?
Jun 16, 2007 01:37
  • KSWONG
jabaratoo
I have always enjoyed your helpful comments. BTW i just got back from Fenghuang and had a wonderful experience there. :)
Post a Reply to: Where to travel in China this fall????
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code