Menu
First time travelling from Hong Kong to Wuhan
Jun 14, 2007 05:58
  • JAIE
Hi, Just wondering if anyone could give me information on travelling from Hong Kong to Wuhan. Im thinking of taking the train. Is it easy enough to Purchase a ticket? I have never been to China before and it would be nice to have some helpful hints, and I heard you can obtain a visa in Hong Kong before going to Wuhan. Is that true?
Thanks, Jaie
Jun 14, 2007 08:42
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Jaie,

I'm not sure whether you can buy a ticket from HK to WH directly,but if not,you can go to Shenzhen first,then buy a direct ticket from Shenzhen to Wuhan.

Yes,you can get a VISA in HK.

Good luck!

Cali
Jun 14, 2007 09:10
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Jaie,
Yes, as California suggest, take the train across the border to Shenzhen (get Visa first, takes about two days) then you can get the train or check out the price of airfares for the time you want to travel. sometimes there are good deals.

Click on links at ttop of page for both plane and train schedules and prices
Sep 5, 2008 22:07
GUESTGEOFF Hi Jaie
I too am planning to do train from HK (or Shenzhen) to Wuhan (or Chongqing) to do Yangtze cruise. Did you end up doing this train leg? And anything that I should know? Was it a worthwhile venture?

Cheers geoff
Sep 23, 2008 05:26
GUESTJOHN D Hi everyone, It's my first time to travel to Wuhan via Hong Kong. Are there any other airlines that fly straight apart from Dragonair? My intended dates are already fully booked. What do you think is my next best option to reach there quickly? I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you very much!

John D
Oct 25, 2008 02:22
  • ELLYSE
Cross the border to Shenzhen or Guangzhou and fly from there to Wuhan.
Jun 5, 2009 21:33
GUEST24073 I need to get from Hanoi to Wuhan and then from Chongqing to Singapore. Does anyone know the cheapest way to get there and who flies to these place???
Regards, Jackie
Jun 6, 2009 00:56
  • ELLYSE
I don't think there're direct flights for Hanoi -- Wuhan at all. Flights from Hanoi to mainland China are pretty limited. You might want to try flying Hanoi -- Shanghai or Hanoi -- Guangzhou, then taking a fast D train (or a domestic flight, if you want to splurge) to Wuhan.
I think the only airlines that fly Chongqing -- Singapore direct would be SilkAir and Singapore Airlines.
If you've any more queries, please email to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line, thanks.
Dec 17, 2009 09:19
GUEST59232 Hi all, I tried searching for trains from shenzhen to wu han to no avail.

Think anyone of you can help me on this? (ie. perhaps provide me the website?)
Dec 17, 2009 19:41
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST59232

Hi all, I tried searching for trains from shenzhen to wu han to no avail.

Think anyone of you can help me on this? (ie. perhaps provide me the website?)

Hey Guest59232,

If you search trains from Shenzhen to Wuhan, there is definitely no trains available. There are two train stations in Wuhan. They are Wuchang and Hankou.

There are direct trains from Shenzhen to Wuchang. They are K556, T68, T96, Z24 and T176. However, there are no direct trains from Shenzhen to Hankou. If you want to go to Hankou, you need to transfer trains at Xinxian, Macheng, Wuchang, Changsha, Yongzhou and Hengyang.

By the way, it is said that a new train station is to be open on Oct. 20, 2009. This is really good news.
Post a Reply to: First time travelling from Hong Kong to Wuhan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code