Menu
HELP!!!!!!
Jun 14, 2007 20:26
  • STEFLYN13
I am leaving in August to teach in China for 2 years. The school that I am with reccomended I get a tourist visa- and they would work out the details of a work visa when I got there. That would be great; however I have a one way ticket and apparently to recieve a tourist visa, one needs a round trip ticket. What do I do? Any thoughts or advice? Any help someone could offer would be great!

Sorry- I am posting this 2. I am a newbie.
Jun 16, 2007 14:27
  • VALMINX
We are doing the same as you, and have recieved a tourist visa with only a one way ticket no problems. Good luck - what part of China are you going to?
Jun 16, 2007 21:43
  • STEFLYN13
The south eastern part. I am super excited! how many times can I apply for a visa? In case for some reason they reject me?
Jun 17, 2007 00:29
  • APAULT
Be careful with one way tickets! China will admit you, but the airline might not allow you to fly. They are very touchy about the penalties they have to pay if u r not admitted.

Generally speaking a school that says get a tourist visa first should be treated with caution!!! What sort of school? Is this a private language centre for out of school tuition... if so my warning is doubled.
Jun 17, 2007 09:28
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes, don't sign on for two years. It is Ok to come in on a one way tiecket but don't mention that you intend to work.
Jun 17, 2007 20:23
  • STEFLYN13
I am curious as to why when a school reccomends that I get a tourist visa first that I should be cationed. I guess I have justified it in my mind and it makes sense- I am in the US and they are in China... I mean getting a work visa from this is would be difficult.
Jun 20, 2007 03:04
  • LEEOVISA
From August 22, 2005 on, the new China labor policy says, if you hold a L, F, or X visa and want to work for a company whose registered capital is less than 3 million USD$ or your job position is below the Vice GM or GM, you have to apply for the work license (Labor Bureau) and leave China mainland first to get an Z visa. Within 30 days after re-entering China, you have to change Z visa to Residence permit for work (Public Security Bureau).

If you apply for a tourist visa, I am afraid later when dealing with Residence permit, you have to go outside again.

So how about to ask the school to prepare all the documents now?

Jul 1, 2007 01:14
  • APAULT
Interesting Leeovisa - I have not heard this view put with evidence before.

I am already in China on a tourist visa and as I was offered a job a few days ago I will need a Z visa. I will talk to the school and see what their contacts are like, but as it is Guanzhou I can easily go to HK/Macau.

I will report back.

Jul 7, 2007 04:46
  • APAULT
Yes, I have to do this...and I must have a 'permission to work' certificate as part of my application. Well that is what I have just been told...I will add to the story as it unfolds...but not for a while....you see once you enter an a Z visa the employer muct apply for residency within 30 days, but I want top be travelling and you can't get accommodation with a passport! Strewth, with a shortage of teachers u'd think they'd make it easier!
Post a Reply to: HELP!!!!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code