Menu
Yunnan adventure in September 2007-4 people to make up group
Jun 15, 2007 05:40
  • JOANNEL
I am travelling with a group of 6 Australians to Chengdu, then driving down through and around Yunnan Provence on a 14 day trip in September, 2007. We have a guide who is Chinese friend and is herself a member of a cultural organisation that is trying to record and preserve the many various arts and cultural forms of Chinese life, particularly of the ethnic minorities. If anyone is interested in joining our group, we have 4 places left. This will be a trip that goes off the normal routes and into some more remote areas. This will be my 5th visit into western China and return visits for all those going- so we are all very interested in China to explore it more deeply. Amongst our group are Horticulturalists, Landscape Architects, Artists,collectors of Chinese antiques as well as ardent world travellers, so it is an interesting bunch of people. If this sounds like the type of trip you might like to be part of send me a return thread and I'll pass on the details.
Joanne (Australian traveller)
Jun 16, 2007 02:13
  • DANCER50
You sound like an amazing group. My partner and I will be going for the first time to China (my daughter is teaching English there from May - Dec). We were thinking of going around later Sept - Oct for 6 weeks.And we were looking at the Southwest. thinking of Sichuan, Yunnan Guizhou and Guangxi area. There seems to be so much amazingly beautiful countryside and intersting minorities that I am having a heck of a time making a decision and we don't speak any Chinese. so travelling with experienced English speaking people would be great.What are the dates you are thinking of and where exactly? Any tips you could give first-timers and what is the weather like there in Sept and Oct?
Thanks Cynthia (& James)
Jun 17, 2007 00:53
  • APAULT
Sounds great! Pity that all us teachers have to start work at the beginning of September!
Jun 20, 2007 05:44
  • JOANNEL
Hi Cynthia and James. We are thinking to start on the 13 Sept from Australia, arriving Chengdu on afternoon 15 Sept. My friend in China is still finalising the last two days back from Yunnan to Chengdu the capital of Sichuan provence. She has just got back from taking some others i sent over on a 10 day tour of Kangba(Tibetan) regon of Sichuan Provence. (Busy lady!). The whole tour is likely to take 14-16 days, and as i sad, goes off the normal toursit routes and we visit in local homes and local people.What about yourselves, what country are you from? We would welcome two more people, in fact even 4-6 more people we have space for!!
cheers,
Jo Lambden
Jun 20, 2007 05:48
  • JOANNEL
Yes, it'll be fantastic-can't you 'wag' school and come?

Post a Reply to: Yunnan adventure in September 2007-4 people to make up group
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code