Menu
Dragon Boat Festival is coming~
Jun 16, 2007 04:41
  • ELLEN77
Dragon Boat Festival, which is celebarted on Lunar May 5th (Jun 19th), is coming nearer. It is one of the most important traditional festivals of China celebrated to memorize Qu Yuan, a patriotist in the Chu State of Warring State Period in ancient China, and on that day, no matter in the coutryside or the city, people will celebrate it enthusiastically.

On that day, people will eat Zongzi (dumpling made of glutinous rice wrapped in bamboo or reed leeves), and hold colorful activities, such as the morning walking in the open air, and the dragon boat match. Especially in the watertowns, it will be very noisy. Any foreign visitors in China should not miss the festival.

Jun 16, 2007 04:48
  • ELLEN77
Zongzi

Jun 16, 2007 04:52
  • ELLEN77
Quyuan, his hometown is Zigui County, Yichang City, Hubei Province, You can watch the spectacularthe dragon boat match over the Yangzte River.

Jun 16, 2007 06:03
  • LIONPOWER
Ellen,
Where you will celebrate this festival?
Jun 16, 2007 21:15
  • HEIDI
Zongzi with honey is delicious. I like it very much!
Jun 16, 2007 21:19
  • HEIDI
When I was in university, I remember every year on the morninng of the Dragon Boat Festival, Zongzi is hard to buy in the school restaurant as so many students are eager to eat it.
Jun 16, 2007 21:40
  • WINDENERGY
Ellen,

Zongzi's are delicious about once or twice a year. Last year we made our own in Hangzhou. I wish I was going to be in Yichang for the Dragon Boat festival, but, alas, I will celebrate Dragon Boat Festival in the Yunnan mountains called ZhaXi.

__WINDENERGY__
Jun 16, 2007 22:25
  • CHINATUCK
We are having the races right now, June 16-17 in Zhaoqing. They are great and worth seeing if you get a chance.
Post a Reply to: Dragon Boat Festival is coming~
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code