Menu
How to Travel to Hua Shan
Jun 17, 2007 22:04
  • NJMMMOM
We will be in Xian from July 12-16. Am interested in taking day trip to Hua Shan. We have 2 adults and 2 kids (12, 15). What is the best way to get there? Once there, should we take cable car up? If so, do we then walk from the cable car stop. Any help on how to best use time there to see views would be appreciated. THANKS!
Jun 17, 2007 22:58
  • KEVIN0518
Well, I advise you to climb the mountain to appreciate its beauty and take the cable car down the mountain. You need to pay CNY 60 for the one-way cable car per person.

To get to Huashan, you can take the bus at the bus station east of the railway station. It takes about 2 hours to reach your destination. There are a lot of trains to get to Huashan.
Jun 18, 2007 05:13
  • TRAVELDREAM
Many people choose to arrive at the foot of the mountain in the afternoon, then stay at a hotel and start climbing at around 00:00 at night. 3-5 hours later, when they are at the top of the East Peak, they are just in time to enjoy the sunrise. In the rest of the day, they visit South Peak, West Peak...

It is a tiring work so I suggest you take cable cars since you have kids. But surely, you wil miss a lot. The bus from the foot of the mountain to the cable car stop costs around 15 CNY.

When I visited Huashan, I started climbing in the afternoon, reached the top of East Peak before it was dark, stayed a night at the East Peak Hotel, watched the sunrise in the morning and the rest day was long enough to visit other parts. In this way, I took in sight all the scenery along the road. The top of the moutain is not as interesting as the road. The hotel on the mountain is expensive, including food and water. All the stuff is carried onto the mountain by men.
Post a Reply to: How to Travel to Hua Shan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code