Menu
Travel to Szechuan and Yunnan
Jun 18, 2007 06:42
  • YOKE
I plan to travel to Szechuan and Yunnan in March07 for a duration of 1 month. Is it sufficient time to cover these 2 places? Appreciate somebody can recommend those places not to be missed in these 2 destications.
Jun 18, 2007 10:50
  • JABAROOTOO
No one month is not long enough to see both these provinces. You'll have to choose a few places. Do your homework and read all about them hereand other sites, then you can aske a few more specific questions related to where you might like to visit.
Jun 19, 2007 16:49
  • DAVEC
Do you mean march 08 or are you travelling back in time? I am going to Yunnan for 3 weeks in september and when I return can suggest some places.
Jun 20, 2007 06:13
  • JOANNEL
Hi, in Sichuan provence i recommend Leshan giant Buddha and magnificent temples surrounds and island temple, also viewing Giant Buddha from boat is great too, definately Mt Emei (at least two days) Buogong Temple and the visitor Centre, get to the top by cable car and see new golden statue then mono rail to summit and gant bell temple, Wolong Panda Research Centre(off the beaten track but worth the trip) or Chengdu Panda Research Centre, take a trip on the oldest working train in China at Qenwei and visit largest Confucious Temple in Sichuan Provence while at Qenwei that has been restored to former glory!! Also up north of Sichuan is Juizagou-fairy wonderland of beautiful clean lakes and scenery. Western Sichuan is Tibetan country and there are many beautiful places- you can stay up in a Tibetan home out of Dangba and experience dancing/singing and warm hospitality of Kangba people or visit the home of the first Miss Kangba which is open for tourists and have lunch, tea and meet her family at home. There is so much to do and one could be lost in Sichuan for years and not know it!! As for Yunnan, i am visiting and exploring in September 2007!!
Joannel
Jun 27, 2007 04:42
  • ELLYSE
Sichuan: Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong, Danba, Chengdu
Yunnan: Lijiang, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Zhongdian (Shangri-La), Lugu Lake
Feb 14, 2009 19:42
pour le zoo Au Schézuan des pandas
je vous encourage de bien vous en occupé par-ce que moi jaime beaucoups les panda meme jaimerais les touchers un jours
donc je vous encourage avec patience
Post a Reply to: Travel to Szechuan and Yunnan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code