Menu
Travelling to Shanghai-Questions
Jun 18, 2007 07:10
  • SHIMSHAM
Hi, my family is travelling to shanghai for the special olympics. my sister is taking part in this event and will be riding at the SHANGHAI EQUESTRIAN FIELD in the JINSHAN DISTRICT. I was told that this is very far away from the center shanghai? Can someone please tell me, how long drive it is from Xuhui or Changning to the districht Jinshan?

And then my other question: We are looking for hotels with breakfast, which seems to difficult, as most of the hotels dont offer breakfast? Is it maybe better to eat breakfast outside?can you get continential Breakfast anywhere?

I would be thankful for every help,
and cant wait to visit shanghai,

Best
shimsham
Jun 19, 2007 00:49
  • KENNI
JINSHAN district is shanghai suburb .It takes about 1 hour from shanghai south railway station in Xuhui and Maybe it is farther away from Changning district.
Many hotels offer breakfast in shanghai and there are some roadside
restaurant that you can find local breakfast.
Jul 6, 2007 10:27
  • SUSAN205060
Hi, SHIMSHAM,

For hotel , you can check China's travel web www.ctrip.com, you have so many different choices (include breakfast) in different area.

The better choice you may choose hotel which is near JinShan district you need.

Enjoy your trip in China!

Your sincerely,
Susan Zheng ( China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060

Jul 6, 2007 12:12
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi,

Most 5 star Chinese Hotels offer a kind of Continental breakfast otherwise you'll have to go to one of the Interantional Hotels. there are also lots of Western style cafe's in Shanghai where you might get breakfast. hostels often do a western breakfast too.

This is a webpage with maps that might be useful for you to get your bearings. Jinshan is directly south of Shanghai almost on the coast. From this website you can find the Shanghai city map to see exactly where the other locations you are looking for.

Enjoy the games
http://www.maps-of-china.net/province/shanghaim.htm
Aug 16, 2007 20:13
  • IBDUBLIN
Hi, I'm also travelling to Shanghai for the World Games - as a Volunteer with Team Ireland. Your Families Co-ordinator may have info on hotels, have you checked? Our 200 or so Volunteers are staying in the Equatorial but I don't know where that is in relation to the Equestrian Venue. I'm not sure where all the Family members are staying but I gather they've been given options of hotels with and without breakfast.
Best of luck with the Games!
Post a Reply to: Travelling to Shanghai-Questions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code