Menu
Rafting Guilin or surroundings?
Jun 18, 2007 13:05
  • MARIO5
Hey all!

Our trip to China is still going on as planned :) We were wondering if there was a place to do some basic white water rafting in the surrounding region of Guilin. We will be doing Xian/Beijing/Shanghai/Guilin/Guangzhou/Hong Kong so if there is a better place, feel free to let me know. However, Guilin would be my place of choice :) We would like this to be a maximum of a 1 day event..

Thanks,

Mario
Jun 18, 2007 20:19
  • CALIFORNIA
One day in Guilin is too short~~~~~~

You only can do sth in the downtown,go to some parks.

Good luck!
Jun 19, 2007 00:16
  • JABAROOTOO
There is rafting on the river near LongSheng (Dragon's Back) I would imagine it is very basic as the river is quite small but it would be a good expereince and may just be great fun too.

I've been twice in China, first time was not what I would call "white" water as there really wasn't too many rapids but it was a nice trip and the second time the river was small and we poled a two man raft with a pole. Loads of 'white' water but nothing too serious and it was great scenery and great fun with BBQ lunch on the river bank. Four hours all up and finished with a thunder storm and rain. Both of these trips were in Guizhou.

There is also rafting in Guangdong Province. If you google you should come up with some but these are the
Jun 19, 2007 03:34
  • ZOEY
Also you can go to Yulong River. It is a good choice to appreciate the beautiful scenery on the banks.
Jun 19, 2007 11:21
  • JABAROOTOO
Yulong is beautiful drifting on the bamboo raft but it is not "white water" rafting
Jun 24, 2007 06:26
  • LEO1985
I recommend Zijiang drifting in Ziyuan 98km away from Guilin City,Not only the excitement brought by the drifting will you get,but also the beauty of nature along the river.

Jun 27, 2007 12:56
  • MARIO5
Oh my god..i am so sorry for the delay in reply, i thought i was going to get an e-mail when there was a reply :) Sorry again!

I will lookup Zijiang drifting, the picture looks great :)

I think that we are also making plans to stay in Guilin a little bit longer than expected...seems to beautiful!

thanks again!

Mario
Oct 2, 2007 01:35
GUEST00101 Guilin and surroundings are beautiful but foods no good. Getting crazy also fighting with flies and mosquitos in restaurants and/or
Post a Reply to: Rafting Guilin or surroundings?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code